The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

Garett turbo

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

awd4u

10+ Year Contributor
May 17, 2010
london, ON_Canada
how are these turbo's? what psi do they start waking up at?

Last edited:
Well i have mine set to 15 psi, its nothing special.. my 16g was better on 15psi.

Oh shit, my bad, im talking about a gt35r!

Well i have mine set to 15 psi, its nothing special.. my 16g was better on 15psi.

What everyone is trying to tell you is be more specific.

Garrett, a company, produces a wide range of products and one of them are turbochargers. These turbos also come in a wide variety of models, each model better suits the vehicles application.

Without knowledge of what garrett turbo you are running, its all up in the air, we can only make guesses. Details please.

Its hard to compare a 16g and 35r, different leagues. Do you research and see when 35Rs are supposed to spool on a 2.0 compared to a 16g and efficiency range (compressor map).

oh ok, i understand about the lag and everything, so what boost level is the GT35r suposto start feeling good pulls? 20+? i have a 2.0 litre motor with wiseco pistons, eagle rods, hks 272 cams, 4 inch pipe, 3 inch turboback catless, intake manifold, 40mm external gate, i got the whole works. im just on 94 pump gas.

oh ok, i understand about the lag and everything, so what boost level is the GT35r suposto start feeling good pulls? 20+? i have a 2.0 litre motor with wiseco pistons, eagle rods, hks 272 cams, 4 inch pipe, 3 inch turboback catless, intake manifold, 40mm external gate, i got the whole works. im just on 94 pump gas.

What size injectors and pump are you running?

ROFL @ your post on that thread. ####ing genius.

Sometimes, when they're attached to an engine, they spin

Define "feeling good".....

Like, ooooh baby, yea that's nice, right there....

Because that's not what turbos do.

Yeah, I normally don't have sex with my turbos either. LOL

LOL@ this thread and at the answers

Agreed. This is the first thread I've LOL'd at in a while.

how are these turbo's? what psi do they start waking up at?

Garrett makes so many different sized models and variations of turbos that its impossible to give you an answer about when they "wake up"...

But Generally :

The company Garrett was bought out by Honeywell a few years ago. The turbochargers they produce are still rather good quality, but since they have owned the brand name Garrett, the quality control has gone downhill. Honeywell is in it for the money. They use the cheapest parts they can get by with, and sell it for as much as they can get people to pay for it. At the end of the day you are paying for a brand name.

Many people use Garrett turbos on their cars with no issues. I prefer MHI (Mitsubish Heavy Industries), Borg Warner, or Holset when it comes to buying turbos.

Last edited:
If your plans are to run 15psi, a 35R is the wrong turbo. If your plans are 30psi min & probably more like 35psi or so, the 35R would be a better choice.

Whats are the goals for the car? What do you have for fuel & tuning? If your profile is up to date, you'll need much larger injectors to get anywhere's close to the potential from that turbo.

EvoIII big 16g, 3 inch turbo back, Fmic, 2g Manifold, 255 walbro, 660 injectors, MAF delete running 3 inch pipe off the turbo with MAP, Type RFL bov.

from profile...soo he needs bigger injectors and more fuel depending on what fuel he using

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back