The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

This is probably stupid....but oh well

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tfaulk21

10+ Year Contributor
Aug 28, 2011
Mt. Holly, North_Carolina
So I just bought a 97 talon tsi :) yay.
But I understand that tuning on these cars makes a BIG difference when it comes to various modifications and making more power. However ###### can already guess what I'm going to ask. I need basics of learning how to tune.
Ex. What to tune with, how to read the maps, and different equations things like that all is much appriciated. Don't say search either there's only so much I can do with a phone

Don't say search either there's only so much I can do with a phone

If you can't read the results of a search, how can you read the same regurgitated information that anyone types here?

Believe it or not, at one time people had to drive to a library and spend hours searching index cards and reading to learn anything like this. And you can't be bothered to simply search for the ton of info right at your finger tips on a smart phone? Sorry... you aren't getting my sympathy. :)

Then I'd suggest sitting down at a proper computer.

They way you learn all that stuff is by reading, reading, reading, then reading some more. Once you think you understand it, start looking at tunes others have posted. Compare why one person did one thing, while someone else did it differently. That's how you'll learn.

True. Told you it was stupid. Haha well I was looking at jackel and people were saying it it was "simple" to read but I have to do more research obviousley

Don't worry someone will jump in an help you with your question. Unfortunately don't have the tuning knowledge to answer it for you. But don't get discouraged with these responses continue asking your questions.

Don't worry someone will jump in an help you with your question. Unfortunately don't have the tuning knowledge to answer it for you. But don't get discouraged with these responses continue asking your questions.

These "responses" aren't meant to discourage anyone...we are merely pointing out that a thread like this does nothing more than add to the clutter of the forums, since he is asking questions that have been answered countless times. Not to mention, it would take pages and pages added to this new thread to answer those broad questions.

Being unmotivated to look up existing info and do some homework is no excuse to create a new thread, in the hopes that people will just repeat what can easily be found with just a hint of effort.

The only way i view this site is on a smartphone. I buy/sell in the classifieds, post it does it all. No excuse.....honestly the phone is faster and easier than the ol computer.

I do agree that people should search before they post a question, its just you moderators sometimes take it to far with you comments and may discourage people from asking a good question.

We understand that we are not as knowledgeable as you moderators but no need to make someone feel stupid or belittle them that's all. Its a great site full of great information and good people.

@tfaulk21
I find it easier to search in google and add dsmtuner.

I do agree that people should search before they post a question, its just you moderators sometimes take it to far with you comments and may discourage people from asking a good question.

We understand that we are not as knowledgeable as you moderators but no need to make someone feel stupid or belittle them that's all. Its a great site full of great information and good people.

1). It wasn't a good question; it was a very general request for pages and pages of information, covering everything from basic to advanced topics.

2). There are many, many people here that are not on the site staff that know WAY more than I do, and

3). There is no reason to insult us by calling us moderators. Our names are in red; not green. LOL :p

(I'm gonna catch hell for that one LOL

1). It wasn't a good question; it was a very general request for pages and pages of information, covering everything from basic to advanced topics.

2). There are many, many people here that are not on the site staff that know WAY more than I do, and

3). There is no reason to insult us by calling us moderators. Our names are in red; not green. LOL :p

(I'm gonna catch hell for that one LOL

Hhahahaah so sorry oh WISEMAN

It is discouraging really Idk how to search on the phone I'm using tapatalk and honestly getting on the internet and viewing it full screen as if I were on a computer is stupid. And yeah its quicker very much so but I just was looking for a simple link instead of a cold shoulder comment. But anyways. Delete this thread MODERATOR/WISEMAN/WHATEVER you are. I can't see because I use tapatalk as I previously stated

It is discouraging really Idk how to search on the phone I'm using tapatalk and honestly getting on the internet and viewing it full screen as if I were on a computer is stupid.

I actually agree here. The phones are completely useless on the net imo. And they are a long ways off from being of any use online. I would rather drive 30min to a local library and use their net then use a smart phone at home.

The whole scroll three times to the right and twenty times down to view one page can suck a fat one.

+50 and some brownie points for one person agreeing with me on this site. Haha but yeah it definantly sucks and I don't have time to drive to the library. Work work work

Or a RAZR LOL it takes me one slide to each side and maybe a couple up and down.....I do it all on my phone, pay bills, post on dsmtuners,order stuff online, watch por....OK ill stop there LOL

Hint: zoom out, you can actually see the entire page on the screen, of course a microscope might be needed but hell at least you can't say is not possible

I just LOL at this thread, good points on both sides ok, anyways. If you are not sure how to tune then don't. Get your set-up all together and then have a pro do the tuning. The tuning is VERY important and sometimes better to let people that know what their doing tune it. Thats what I do.

get link. go to ecmtuning and read/learn. trial and error and experimenting along with reading everything u can will produce results. theres a tab called "demos" on the site. i overlooked that one til i saw a link to it. videos that make everything so simple. link is pretty straightforward bro. good luck.

We're sorry your mobile device limits you. This is the type of excuse that will guarantee your thread ends up in the Graveyard.

Buy a used laptop for about half the cost of a new smart phone, then you can view our site as it was intended and use all of the search features- you can also use the laptop to tune your car with later on.

Once you gain full function of the search feature, you will quickly find this area of the site:

Articles: Tuning & ECU - DSM Forums

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back