The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Bottom end rebuild cost?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Price varies, from shop and parts, goals for car, parts once you figure out what you want to replace, you will have more of a idea of what your looking to spend. So basic build with all new parts depending on conditon of items. Deck block, hone cleaning, a basic short block build.

check out vendor prices for stock parts, and engine rebuild threads lots of information on that here.

Just think of everything you want to replace, make a list, talk to a shop, they will give you a quote and see if its worth it depending if you go through with it. My builds running around 3000$ and im building it myself but its not a stock rebuild. If you think your mechanically inclined enough to rebuild the engine then do that to save yourself some money to put into better parts.

Armin

I think taking the block to a local machine shop to get rebuilt might not cost that much.Ask around and see if you can find a good machine shop for blocks. The machine shop will tell you what needs to be replaced, and what doesn't..

When I called a machine shop about rebuilding my head they gave me a good price, that might no be a bad idea. This is just going to be a stock rebuild to get my eclipse back on the road.

I'm going to get the head done and later the block. That's why I was wondering what would need to be done with it.

Well the car is going to be down longer if you do them seperate.It will cost more having them both done at same time, but if they reassemble it.All you would have to do is drop it in and there you go.

DIY?? I did it myself with no experience with a little advice here on the forum some you tube and a fair amount of tools could save you alot of money.

DIY?? I did it myself with no experience with a little advice here on the forum some you tube and a fair amount of tools could save you alot of money.

Keep in mind though that not everyone is mechanically inclined and many like the peace of mind that is calmed by a warranty. Personally I stopped taking my cars to shops due to the fact that many don't really know what they are doing.

@OP if you feel like you can do it yourself do it. Only thing you would have to pay someone for is the machine work.

If not find a good shop nearby that can do something for you.

A.

My bottom end was $2500, I got it for $1550 with shipping. Slowboy racing shortblock. Deffiently not stock because it's turbo ready but worth the money.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back