The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned

AFR Tuning

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rageful

Probationary Member
Oct 26, 2010
Hazleton, Pennsylvania
20g turbo(20psi), 255 walbro, 560cc evo injectors. Rest of Mods on profile.

I do know I am in need of a afpr, and its on the list just before the professional tune this summer.

Car has a 98ecu with tactrix cable already setup, so tuning software of choice is:
ECUFlash/CeddyMods with EvoScan for logging software.

Idle is 14.7:1 So I am alright at this aspect.
During DD car is 11.9-15.1 So This isn't bad imho.

During WOT car goes into 10:1 (Gauge Does Not Go Below 10, so it is a possibility it is lower)

Is there anything I could do at this time besides the afpr? (relatively new to tuning)

In Certain Areas My A/F tables go down to as low as 9.1. Should I start by just adjusting my A/F Tables slowly? Or Am I hopeless until I get the afpr.

Another Question:
20g/255walbro/560cc. Is this A/F setup fine with that size injectors and my other mods? Looking for 350-425whp.

You only want to run about the 80% Injector duty cycle. I would use this calculator to help determaine the injector size

RC Fuel Injection

I forgot to mention that if you plan on running E85 you can actually get more more because it can take more igntion but it also takes about 20% more fuel to do so.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ran 3 sets of 3rd gear pulls.

note: Throttle Cable is a bit loose, have planned to tighten it this weekend when me and my friends hang out.

Mechanic Installed Fuel Rail ONTOP of Throttle Cable on my last visit ~_~.

Highest IDC was 70.2% at 85% TPS.

Car log when as low as 9.8 AFR, don't have load (im at work :sneaky:)

Car ran like a beast tho. (1st actual run since head work)

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back