The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

DC Header Size

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fotowntalon

10+ Year Contributor
May 14, 2008
Fostoria, Ohio
So i finally decided to get my head-work done woot woot! And I plan on posting vids of the awesome sound when its done. But before the guy can finish it he asked some question about my headers. I think it was whats size is the headers main port. if that sounds right. Anyways i am not really sure where to measure this or how to, so if someone can show me, give me a rundown, or find some numbers for me that would be great! Thanks in advance for the help

Just take the header to the guy that is doing your head work. All he wants to do is match the ports in the header to the ports in the head for the best flow. Easiest just to let him do it, Plus then you know he didn't write the measurements down wrong, and you know its correct if he has the header.

problem with that is that's a 1h 45m long round trip, was hoping for a quicker way

For the Best results make the drive, Otherwise, who knows how its going to turn out even if you do give him measurements. I would just drive there, but then again I drive an hour to work every day so I'm used to it

Last edited:
Hoping i can get a mod to mark this resolved, not sure how to myself. Anyways, I should of just taken Redwidows advice from the start, but decided not to in interest of saving time.Turns out googling till my eyes bleed took even longer, but i finally found it and on eBay of all places...

Anyways summit racing had an auction for my same model number and had the dimensions listed (i wouldn't of trusted it if it wasn't summit, always had good luck with dealing with there website)

Collector Attachment Stock flange
Collector Diameter 2.000 in.
Flange Style Standard
Flange Thickness (in) 1/4 in.
Gaskets Included No
Header Finish Ceramic coated
Header Material Steel
Header Style 4-2-1 two-piece
Motor Mounts Included No
Primary Tube Diameter (in) 1 5/8 in.
Primary Tube Gauge 16-gauge

There is the info if anyone else has the DC sports header model #MHC4001 and needs the numbers.

On a side note, if you are ever searching for DC items, its much easier to Google the model # than anything else, i tried 420a dc header/ DC sports header/ dc header dimensions/ talon dc header, and about 100 other things. Model #'s are ones friend

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back