The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Rix Racing

Stock Psi Of 95-99 Eclipse Gst

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

95GeeST

Probationary Member
Nov 28, 2004
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Hi, I was wondering if any one new what the stock psi of the 2nd gen mitsubishi eclipse gst is. I am also wondering what is a safe psi to turn it up to for everyday driving...Thanks :dsm:

this is covered about once a week check the site before you post

around 12 psi, every car is a little different. i wouldnt go over 15 on the stock fuel or stock turbo.

Yea you people really need to learn about the search button. That thing should be 50x bigger than it is. Stock is 12 I believe and safe for everyday is 15. After that there's no point on your little T-25.

however, sometimes that search gives you so many responses it would take a week to find what you're looking for - easier to just ask again

Mine was stock at 13psi, although like it was said before, every car is different. Use the search button next time.

blcknspo0ln said:
every car is different... stock it can range from 9-12 psi [ mine had 9 psi ]

get a fuel pump then turn it to 16 :thumb:

Why 16. Everyone knows the T-25 is only effecient to 15lbs. After that if just starts to glow a pretty red color and gives no power gains. Actually decreases the life of the turbo cause you are overworking it.

95bLaCkGsTuRbO said:
Why 16. Everyone knows the T-25 is only effecient to 15lbs. After that if just starts to glow a pretty red color and gives no power gains. Actually decreases the life of the turbo cause you are overworking it.

Actually there are dyno's out there to prove that the T-25 makes more power all the way up to about 21psi...It's gonna drop off anyways so you migth as well get the most out of it while you can.

95bLaCkGsTuRbO said:

is this an experienced guess or hear-say?

like canadiantsi said, there is a dyno of PROOF that a t25 will produce more power. as far as wear-and-tear on the turbo, of course it will wear it more. just like pushing 15 psi will put more wear than 10 psi.

I was just saying it because I searched this a while back when I got my MBC and everyone said it's not worth it to go over 15psi even with my 190lph pump.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back