- Ownership Status:
- I own it
- Mitsubishi Galant VR-4
- Turbo Type:
- GT40 Variant
- Transmission Type:
- Build Type:
- Punishment Racing T3 header and O2 housing, Tial 44mm EWG with external dump, PTE 64mm turbo, 3" CMP turboback exhaust, Stock intake manifold (lightly ported by G. Byer), Blitz BOV, NGK wires and NGK BR8ES plugs, -6AN fuel feed line, PTE 1,600cc/m injectors @43psi base, Fuel Lab AFPR, Twin intank AEM 320 fuel pumps, AFCO radiator with 11" HO Spal fan, Bulfab braces, 3" FMIC with 2.5" IC pipes, 1 G N/T T/B, 4" CAI w/KNN filter.
- 2.0L 8.5:1 C.R. Wiseco HD (22mm pin) pistons, Howard I beam rods, BSEK, oversized crank, ITM/Clevite bearings, GSC S3 camshafts, Mitsu MLS HG, ARP L19 headstuds, Kiggly race springs/retainers, AEM adjustable cam gears, Kiggly HLA, unported head with big bore lifters-oring'd by Darren Thomas Racing, EVO IX timing belt, -8AN vents on valve-cover, catchcan by Brad Bench.
- Mods-EMS & Logging:
- ECMlink V3 Speed Density, GM AIT, AEM 5 bar map sensors, IR 3-port BC solenoid, and AEM UEGO. Oil pressure, coolant temperature, voltage and boost gauges.
- 4 bolt LSD rear end swap, ACT 3200PP with Clutch Net unsprung 4 puck disc. ACT streetlight flywheel, welded center diff in stock trans, DS aluminum bushings.
- D2 street coilovers,17"x7.5" Rotas with 225/45/17 Milestar all seasons (street), Powerslot rotors all around, 4WS eliminated. 17"x7.5" Maxxim Sixx Silver wheels with M&H slicks.
- Parts Wishlist:
- Paint job, 2150cc injectors.
- Owned the car since 2013. It's in full street trim other than the removal of AC, emissions and cruise control. Would like to see it get into the 9's eventually in the same trim w/slicks. Full leather interior, sunroof, radio, heat and full exhaust. Not a race car...I drive this car to work several times a week and it's driven all year around. It has made over 700whp** with a slipping clutch and maxed fuel system on pump E85 back in 2014. Some minor changes since then.
Quickest time to date is 11.25@130mph. This was on low boost. Car has gone 138mph in a higher boost setting but can go faster once the drivetrain issues are sorted out one of these days.
**Note. This was done with ACT2600PP/4puck, Web 264/274 camshafts, Wiseco/Eagle bottom end on E85.
Log in/Register to remove ads