The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

Fuel pump is not working! HELP!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snow White

Proven Member
Dec 3, 2012
williamstown, Kentucky
I was driving down the street then all the sudden my car just stopped running but before that it started to miss and run lean.
I replaced the fuel pump with a new walbro 190. The car still will not run its not getting fuel the pump is not making any noise when I turn the key. I can start it with starting fluid could it be the relay?

Once you figure out your current fuel issues note that you can extend the life of your new fuel pump by not letting your fuel tank run to empty. With low fuel you run the risk of cavitation from it pumping air, which can damage a fuel pump.

Faulty pump causing the fuse to blow? Even though it's new I'd switch it out if someone could lend you one. Trace all wiring make sure nothing has rubbed and is contacting power to ground.

I don't think it's the fuel pump since the fuse was blown before the new pump. Possible, but unlikely.

I do agree that it's likely an issue with the wiring. Check whatever wiring you can, especially around the fuel pump, at the connectors, and anywhere else the wire is exposed. This might be a good excuse to rewire the fuel pump too.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back