The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Stock turbo psi

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

eclipse2gnt95

Banned Member
Jul 21, 2004
lusby, Maryland
i have a 97 gst and just blew the the stock motor and i just got a new 1 with used stock turbo the vendor said the turbo was turned to 0 psi thats how they store them they say so what is the gst's stock boost psi so i know what to have it turned up 2 and how high can i turn the stock turbo up to but what i really need to know is what the stock psi is in the 4g63t is thanks :dsm:

You can find your answers in the 1000 already answered Q's....
Here's a quote.... Here's the link....... http://members.shaw.ca/costall/1000Q/

(((What is the stock boost pressure on a [DSM]?
Many questions of this type can be answered by the following references:

A search of the Club DSM archives (alternate link here);
Referring to the factory shop manual;
Looking at the factory brochures;
Reading the owners information manual.
1G cars have a stock boost pressure of 8-12 psi. 2G cars have 10-15 psi. The service manual allows lower pressures, but those are rarely seen in actual vehicles.)))

People say you can safely run 15psi on the T-25 which is stock on a 97GST.
Anymore than 15psi, and you're just pumping in hot air thru your system which would lead to timing being pulled and possibly knock.
Rewiring the stock fuel pump should be done to prevent running lean and cooking your top-end.

eclipse2gnt95 said:
i have a 97 gst and just blew the the stock motor and i just got a new 1 with used stock turbo the vendor said the turbo was turned to 0 psi thats how they store them they say so what is the gst's stock boost psi so i know what to have it turned up 2 and how high can i turn the stock turbo up to but what i really need to know is what the stock psi is in the 4g63t is thanks :dsm:

Does it have a wastegate actuator on it? If so, that company is full of it. You can only turn the boost down to what the spring weight is in the wastegate, which I believe the stock 2G's came with 11psi.

BTW, you should leave your boost at the stock level until you read and understand when it's appropriate to post in the advanced DSM tech.
~Mark

i have 2 cars a 97 gst 4g63t stock and a 95 gs with a hahn stage 1 turbo kit at 5 psi now i have never driven the gst to wich 1 will be quicker i mean i know no that the stock gst has 10psi stock but with a small turbo since my turbo is a 16g but only 5psi are they running about the same like does the turbo being so much bigger make up for the 5 less psi or no :dsm:

1. Grammar

2. We don't know which car is faster. Maybe you should drive the car, since you own it. Any answer is just a guess. My stock boost was 9psi, so that's what I take the stock wastegate to be. The vendor you are dealing with is completely ignorant. Take your business somewhere else.

eclipse2gnt95 said:
i have 2 cars a 97 gst 4g63t stock and a 95 gs with a hahn stage 1 turbo kit at 5 psi now i have never driven the gst to wich 1 will be quicker i mean i know no that the stock gst has 10psi stock but with a small turbo since my turbo is a 16g but only 5psi are they running about the same like does the turbo being so much bigger make up for the 5 less psi or no :dsm:
Drive them and find out. Pick up some punctuation at the store while you are out.

Any more bench-racing, and this gets locked.

wow how about you go to the store and buy a new life, you see i cant drive the gst i got it for 2000 with no motor therefore it dosent start. so therefore i cant compare them, and you my friend are highly rude sorry that this is the first gst i have ever had, and no i have never been in one or messed with one on the road, which means i dont know how fast they are, so thanks for your so un usefull help and by the if you wanna get smart dont answer my questions piece DOG OMG :thumbdown OMG :thumbdown

eclipse2gnt95 said:
wow how about you go to the store and buy a new life, you see i cant drive the gst i got it for 2000 with no motor therefore it dosent start. so therefore i cant compare them, and you my friend are highly rude sorry that this is the first gst i have ever had, and no i have never been in one or messed with one on the road, which means i dont know how fast they are, so thanks for your so un usefull help and by the if you wanna get smart dont answer my questions piece DOG OMG :thumbdown OMG :thumbdown

Somewhere in that rambling shitpile you call a post, I get the feeling you don't like me.

Read the rules on:

1. Bench racing
2. Grammar and punctuation
3. How to handle disputes with moderators

I will recommend you for removal.

Thread closed.

Not reading the rules and attacking moderators is good way to shorten your stay, hope you had fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back