The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

emissions delete

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TimF

10+ Year Contributor
Mar 14, 2011
Aurora, Illinois
I read other threads and I am a bit lost. Some say not to do it, its worthless and causes problems, other say so it that you get a little bit out of it. I already ordered an EGR block off, wanted to remove my TB lines, and losing my cat. Its seems more opinionated in a sense on whether to do it. I want to unclutter my engine bay more than the minor power people say your gain. And also does anyone have a link to a diagram, this is yet another thing that I see on other threads but those links do not work (either say there deleted or take me to something comply different).

Also considering a A/C delete cause im never going to recharge that thing.

Opionated, im confused about your question unclutter your bay delete everything i did. So what do you want to do.

Would it be ok to remove everything is what im asking, Cause some say it is bad and cause problems, and none of the links work

I removed mine and i had no problems with it at all what kind of problems were they refering to? Should be all good unless you have emission problems there. Sounds good, yeah get rid of it.

I removed everything except the charcoal canister.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

^ This is the 1g factory vacuum/emissions diagram.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

^ This is how to eliminate the emissions system. Cap off all the ports on the throttle body (you can use one for your boost gauge or you T into the Fuel pressure line). Block off your EGR and then you can remove pretty much everything else.

The only thing wrong with this diagram is that you should not T into the BOV line for your MBC. Use the nipple on the J-pipe/compressor housing instead.

ok thanks cause some other threads said it may cause issues, Like getting rid of the charcoal canister can cause your fuel tank to pressurize

also is there any info on a 1g a/c delete I only found 2g guides

Just remove all ac stuff, nothing to it lines, and all.

I have a repair manual that tells how to remove a/c components for repair and replace, so just fallow that and leave it out, would there be something else I need to do so this does not interfere with my car working properly, as far as lines and wires, or is it as simple and pull it all out.

Nope just yank it out i did 7 years ago its just ac, never worked i removed fuses, lines, condensor itself, in car and compressor all lines all gone.

You won't gain anything out of removing emissions or AC unless you want a cleaner bay or remove faulty parts.

The biggest gain from removing the EGR is removing the intake manifold and throttle body to CLEAN the build up out of them. The other big gain is achieved if you have a leaking valve which would then remove a boost/vacuum leak.

As for the pressurizing the gas tank, that will only happen if you block off the breather line from the tank.

Removing the AC won't give you anything except maybe a hair of a miniature pony. The only time it causes load is when the clutch on the AC compressor is engaged (when the AC is on). If you have a bad compressor then that's a different story.

I did remove mine and it was pretty easy. I would highly recommend to take it to a shop to get the refrigerant evacuated and recycled. If you choose to ignore that, either wear a protective APR (Air Purifying Respirator) with chemical filters and a face shield. If you don't have those, then hold your breath and get out of the area until the vapors are ventilated out.

If at any point it was filled with a dye then use a rag or end up like me.

blog_attachment.php

The white on the rag is frost.

That is another reason why you should get the system evacuated and recycled.

I just want to unclutter, and its never going to work so why have it? The thread I read about the 2g said that he weighed it out and lost about 40lbs of parts. No a whole lot but its some.

True it's 40 lbs but that weight is also from under the dash as well for the evaporator and expansion valve (which most people don't remove). The one excellent gain is removing the condenser to get more airflow to the radiator.

I plan on a FMIC so I dont need that stuff out anyway?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back