The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

Noob here from Iowa

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hyundai Tiburon

Probationary Member
Apr 10, 2011
M-Town, Iowa
Unfortunately on 4/2/2011 I lost my beloved Tiburon:(. I think its time to move on though. I've been doing my research on the DSM's and I think its time to act and buy one. This weekend I plan on looking at a 1995 GSX. I'm not too familiar with Mitsu's but I know about the infamous crank walk. From my research this only happens to the 7 bolts? Well this is a 6 bolt with the head rebuilt or swapped I need to ask because i don't remember. Its got only 80k on the engine, anyhow what are some major signs and or tips I should do or look for while test driving it? Ive actually owned only 1 manual and that was my Tiburon so how can I tell if the tranny and/or clutch is going out? Also the boost gauges work properly but the temp one doesn't for some reason. Is this a big issue or just a malfunction in the gauge itself? Please help and leave me some advice to look for while I look over this DSM. Thanks, and hopefully I'll end up the proud owner of one of these bad boysLOL

Hello and welcome to the forum i live up in ft dodge and will be in des moines this weekend with my gsx. Crank walk is sort of over rated any car can crank walk just dsm's get a bad name. 7 bolts are more prone to it but i have never seen one with a case of it yet. As to how to check for it search for signs of crank walk there is threads to help you and if you want i could take a look at the car aswell. 563 568 7619 hit me up if ya want.

the "laser";152544445 said:
marshalltown, but thats a lot of letters LOL. so people just say M-town

I see, 2.5 hours away. If it was closer I'd offer to tag along some time.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back