The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Can driving with bent valves destroy an engine

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cocoloyespanol

Probationary Member
Aug 5, 2010
Silver Spring, Maryland
Ok guys heres a little history first, my timing belt snaps and i replace the timing belt, pulley, water pump and all belts. Of coarse the timing belt snapping resulted in bent valves. I drive the car with bent valves :banghead: and it shuts off on me again while driving. So i tow my car to the shop and they tell me my engine is done. My question is, can driving with bent valves cause more damage or possibly destroy the engine??

Yes, it can, and it probably did!

Ok guys heres a little history first, my timing belt snaps and i replace the timing belt, pulley, water pump and all belts. Of coarse the timing belt snapping resulted in bent valves. I drive the car with bent valves :banghead: and it shuts off on me again while driving. So i tow my car to the shop and they tell me my engine is done. My question is, can driving with bent valves cause more damage or possibly destroy the engine??

:ohdamn: do NOT try and drive your car with bent valves WTF

Worst case scenario? LOL ....umm, your pistons are now garbage, valves are garbage, scoring, etc. etc. etc.....man full rebuild time or get another motor. Is rebuilding the engine worth it to you? Only you can answer that one.

The car obviously didnt bent all the valves or it wouldnt have run after you did all the work. But yea, either way, the motor is toast at a minimum a rebuilt head.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back