The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

zex nozzle placement

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

m_eclipse_96

20+ Year Contributor
Nov 29, 2002
ottawa, Illinois
Hey guys well here’s the deal, I have the zex dry kit and I also have a turbo, now I have read things about dry kits and seem that a dry kit is not all that good for a turbo car but I was talking to this guy the other night that told me that if I placed my nozzle in the pipe that goes from the turbo to the intercooler that it would work alot better and that I wouldn’t have to worry about risking my engine or anything else

So what can u tell me about what this guy has suggested I do?

Did he say why it would "work a lot better" and you wouldn't have to "worry about risking your motor?" Those two statements, *especially* the last one, don't make sense to me. If you are injecting a set amount of nitrous, no matter where you inject it (within reason) it's going to have the same effects within the motor.

Tell him to stop watching Fast and Furious. Place the nozzle a few inches after the BOV; a good 12-14 inches from the throttle body. This will give you your best atomization and provide the most power. A dry kit isn't best alternative for a turbo car, BUT if you must use one, you might as well take advantage of it and make the most power with it right?

Regards,

the guy didnt realy tell me much about it just said that since i had a dry kit that i would be better plaving the nozzle there but thanks for the info guys

and would it really matter if u placed the nozzle b4 or after the BOV ?

You never know how the seals in the BOV will react to the changes in temperature. Just be safe and plumb it after the BOV.

Regards,

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back