The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

zex install on a 420a

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flamineclipse

20+ Year Contributor
Jan 12, 2003
Bluefield_West_Virginia
Has anyone installed this kit on a 96 or newer non turbo? If so what did you do about the fpr? On these models the fpr is not on the fuel rail. Any info would be great. I have already used the search and couldn't find what I need, I also tried 2gnt but I didn't get anything there either.

Thanks

:thumb:

[
[/QUOTE]I have already used the search and couldn't find what I need, I also tried 2gnt but I didn't get anything there either.

Its a wet kit, I did use the search here and on 2gnt as I mentioned above. And according to my Haynes manuel there is a fpr on 96-99 non turbos, it's back near the gas tank somewhere.

He just brought the instructions over and it is a dry kit. So how do I go about the fpr thing. Also since it is a dry kit and not a wet, will I need to do anything else with the fuel system?

no you won't, Im turbo-red LOL, i posted that reply on my brothers account. Ok 96 eclipses don't have fpr, but im not sure. In the manual it says they have one, but im not sure where, if you want me to look then ask, and to anwser your question no you don't need to do anything with the fuel system. Follow the directions, and just do what it says and you should have no problem. If your looking where to mount the bottle, check where I did mine, I think it looks good there because with a flick of a wrist we can lower those seats and show off our big bottles LOL. and I have no clue what the fpr is really for. I was purging my nos line today and the fpr blew the hose off making, a clamp now holds it one, but I wouldn't think that preasure to be used by the NMU. Experiment though, i know you can buy a HKS FPR on ebay for around 40$, but i can experiment on my nos kit for you if you want, i have a full tank ready to rock and roll and will experiement with the fpr if you want to try using nos without it. Cuz the wet kit doesn't even need a fpr. Well, i hope it works out for you.

whats up guys whats the deal here... im lost too i need to know what i need to install for nitrous on my 420a 98 eclipse

i have so far the following mods Cold Air IceMan Intake, Greddy Catback exhaust, test pipe, greddy headers.... with a stage 2 clutch, good tranny fluid, motor runs strong, what kind of nitrous kit should i buy ?

whats the difference between wet and dry? ..... and if anybody knows what my 1/4 mile times will be

LOL ive posted like 20 times wut the difference between a wet and dry kit! Essentually the only difference is the wet kit taps into your fuel line and misxes nos with fuel. The dry kit just sprays nos. But both kits spray nos in at the same place. And without a turbo, and with your current mods you should get mid 14s. And tranny fluid won't make a difference.

For a 98 eclipse I would go wet kit becuase wet kits don't require a FPR. Dry kits do, and 96-99 don't have fpr'z.

thanx alot man ill go with the wet kit and show my runs within 2 weeks i gotta save up

Another reason you cant use a dry kit on the 96+ is that it is a returnless fuel system and doesnt have a fpr on the rail. In a wet kit you should just tap the fuel line on the shrader/check valve on the fuel rail.

There is also a mounting difference on the nozzles between a wet and dry kit. the wet kit nozzle shoutl be a couple inches at most from the throttle body and the dry kit nozzle should be about 12 to 18 inches.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back