The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Zero F's Given. The Redemption.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dsmornothing

10+ Year Contributor
Jul 23, 2009
Ishpeming, Michigan
Hello, First off I would like to start off by saying that I started off my last build thread on the wrong foot. I was arrogant and cocky. I had no right being either, but its my turn to take that all back, start a new log from scratch set zero goals and just get it done.

The car is a 1990 TSI AWD, a very clean car and a perfect starting point as it was a bare roller when I got it. It has had lots of weight removed, a new paint job and a new lease on life since I bought her roughly 3 years ago. I wont lie, I go through stages of working my butt off for weeks at a time then get bored and start something else. This time that will not happen. I am planning on weening down my litter after this car is completed. I will start off with a list of things that have been done to this point!

Chassis-
Sunroof to non sunroof roof swap
10 point NHRA certified Roll
Tons of weight savings throughout the car
Stitch welded every seam of the car

Suspension-
KYB AGX with megan springs (not permanent)
Poly bushing front subframe
Poly bushing rear subframe
Rear custom made upper and lower control arms
Rear RM sway bar
Rear Toe links welded

Transmission
Evo III 1st
Welded center
Magnus Forks
Liberty Faceplated gears

Transfer Case-Rear diff
Stock Transfer case braced
Custom Chromoly Drive shaft
LSD 4 bolt rear

Engine- Bottom End
2.0 Long Rod
R&R Aluminum rods
Manley 10:1 Pistons
New OEM Crank
ACL Race Bearings
Kiggly Girdle
All OEM Oil and Timing Components
Rods Coated with Thermal Dispersant Oil Shedding Ceramic
Piston domes coated with Thermal Barrier Coating
Piston Skirts Coated with Cermalube.
All Bearing surfaces Coated with DFL
And of course BSE

Engine- Head
6 bolt head
Heavily ported and polished
ENGNBLDR Valves, Guides and lifters
Kiggly HLA
Cams are to be determined yet
EVO Rockers
Manley springs and retainers
AEM Cam gears

Fuel
10 Gallon Cell
Single Weldon pump
2 Injector banks, still unsure on size
Magnus Intake manifold
-8 Feed from cell to rail
-6 Return Rail- Cell

Tuning-
Have yet to make any decisions.....

575768_4305097548108_1882565708_n.jpg

644408_4567975799900_277845922_n.jpg

427415_4457808605789_1036760823_n.jpg

531196_3575404026226_17591948_n.jpg

189294_4689562319487_998170931_n.jpg

So how many DSMs do you have now? I remember seeing the purple 2g being chopped up. It seems you just cut these cars up and then start another one LOL

So how many DSMs do you have now? I remember seeing the purple 2g being chopped up. It seems you just cut these cars up and then start another one LOL

I have 3. This is the same 1g I had a build log on several months back. I just stopped working on it once the snow left. Due to a recent injury that put me out of work reading started bumping my ambition back up.

That's one hell of a project you have there. How much was it to get the gears faceplated?

Yes it is one big project. And the floor is bare metal in these pictures. Trying to get every ounce of sealer out and reprainting the interior. Dynamat is wayyyyy to heavy LOL. No creature comforts In this one. A cage a steering wheel and an aluminum seat is about it!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back