The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Zachary Buschur's 2G build, next generation.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I had the v1 basic. Nothing fancy just did what I wanted it to do. I did install it with the toggle switch so I could go between shifting manually and letting the tcu shift for me.

Very cool build, I had the same shift box on my old 2g auto awd and loved it! Keep up the progress![/

You had to shift your manually all the time unless you turned off the box? Did yours have the built in screen?

So whens the 42r pop on? Lmao

I don't think I'll ever go to a big turbo.( Haha I wonder how many people have said that). I think I'll keep it a small turbo car just so it stays fun to drive. Like I said earlier I want to autoX it and drive it on the road so I think a small turbo will be more beneficial for me and what I want to do.

Last edited:
I thought about getting that shift box, but I decided I'm gonna use a chipped TCU and see how that works (by EFI Specialties)?

Maybe a BR spec 20g as your future turbo:sneaky:?

I thought about getting that shift box, but I decided I'm gonna use a chipped TCU and see how that works (by EFI Specialties)?

Maybe a BR spec 20g as your future turbo:sneaky:?

I needed to be able to manually shift mine for autoX and I wanted to be able to put the car in drive and not have to mess with shifting when I'm just driving normal someone told me about the forced 4 box and it looks like it will do what I want. Right now I'm not sure what turbo I'll put on my car. In the near future I'm going to pull off my turb,o o2 housing, and manifold and port everything out. I've heard it will help a little bit and spool a few hundred rpm sooner (anyone else do it?)because I can do it all myself I'm going to do it for both experience and it won't cost me anything. Eventually I'll probably have a 20g but I've been looking other ones like the evo 3 16, big/small 16, even thought about getting a evo8/9 turbo and building a header. I've seen a few other people do it on here. A company called Rev Shift makes one. I don't know what I'll do, maybe do a 14b and latter go to 20g?

Yes try to port everything nice and smoothly, you'll likely be able free up some hp and control boost from spiking depending on the turbo. You can start by simply matching up the O2 housing/manifold-to-turbo gaskets and see there's a few areas that can be opened up. And of course there's a few videos on YouTube about porting an Evo III 16g for visual reference as well.

I picked up an evo 8 intercooler. We are going to put it on my car It should help a little also I'm going to try to find a evo 8/9 turbo around the shop and me and my dad may build a header for that turbo.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 148
I'm going to try to find a evo 8/9 turbo around the shop and me and my dad may build a header for that turbo.

IMO, that wouldn't really be worth all the trouble. A bolt-on manifold/O2 housing combo for an Evo X turbo however would be much more interesting as a new product offering. (hint hint)

The X's is already the correct orientation and is also a twin scroll. There are a few out there with fabbed manifolds that have upgraded the compressor to a 20G...

-Twin scroll 20G? Sign me up please.

I was fortunate to get a ride in an Evo III with an Evo X FP Green setup and it was amazing compared to my Evo VIII that made about 40 more hp:hellyeah:. He (SN: 94awdcoupe) has a thread on here somewhere about making it work and his impressions. Either way, it's cool to see something different:thumb:.

Sucks that your first car had to have air bags... BUT!

You can sell it now and move onto your 2nd car and buy a 1g :)

IMO, that wouldn't really be worth all the trouble. A bolt-on manifold/O2 housing combo for an Evo X turbo however would be much more interesting as a new product offering. (hint hint)

The X's is already the correct orientation and is also a twin scroll. There are a few out there with fabbed manifolds that have upgraded the compressor to a 20G...

-Twin scroll 20G? Sign me up please.

I looked at The evo 10 turbo also and because it's the right way it would be easier but we don't have one so I would have to buy one from someone. Also I see people who put the evo 8/9 turbo on and it seams that there are few that are really nice, I would like to make a kit for them, first for myself, then if there was a demand for them I'm sure we could make more. If we try the evo 8/9 turbo and it doesn't work good then I may try the evo 10 but like the idea of having something unusual but still funcanal and fast. So that's what made me think of a evo 8/9 or 10 turbo instead of the tradition route. So the evo 10 turbo would not be out of the question.

With whatever I made I would need to keep full radiator a/c and not relocate anything to make it look as factory as possible

Edit: I'm just throwing ideas around I don't even have a plan for the car so i love hearing what other people have done to help with my build, part of what turbo I can get is the price. I'm 16 years old so it plays a huge factory. If I can get a turbo from the shop for cheap and fab something up to make it work I'm willing to try

Car looks great bud.

I want to run en EVO9 turbo on this 1G I'm building. My EVO went 11.5 on pump gas and almost full weight back in the day. A 1G that weighs a hell of a lot less on corn will go high 10's and be very fun to drive.

You are doing a great job Zachary and I'm proud of how you are responding and such in this thread. Now get out of the lunch room and back to work! ROFL

This has been a busy week for me and my car. On Friday I got the front end of the car taken apart, after fighting the headlights for 2 hours. Then Monday I was off of school so I got the evo 8 intercooler mounted on the car (I'll get pictures tomorrow)

Today, David and I were looking at the outlet of the turbo and trying to find a way to route it to the drivers side of the car for the fmic. We tried a few differnt things but either the fan or trans mount kept us from doing what we wanted. We came to the conclusion that pulling the turbo would be a good idea so we could cut the outlet and rotate it so it would face down or toward the drivers side. All of my exhaust bolts came out without any problems the entire thing was very simple and went smooth, until it got off the car. I had the turbo and o2 housing in a vise to get the bolts out and couldn't get them out so I got the breaker bar, I guess it worked because it broke every bolt off in the turbine housing just about this time my dad comes into the back of the shop where I'm working and says " I'm looking for another turbo for you". I got both the exahust manifold and o2 housing sand blasted and come back to the shop. David talked to Robert @ Forced Proformance and gave us a few options for turbos and David tells him " throw together some cheap crap for him."

Right now we are getting a turbo and I am porting the exhaust manifold and o2 housing. Then I'm going to try some vht ceramic coat (heard mixed reviews about the stuff) and bolting up whatever turbo I get. Then making custom ic pipes for the evo intercooler. Also big thanks to Robert for putting together a turbo for me on such short notice, I'm excited to see what you come up with.

So this week we didn't get the turbo in but I did finish the port work on the exhaust manifold and got the vht coat on it. Hopefully tomorrow I can work on the uper ic pipe. I will also be trying to switch to speed density with the stock computer. Does anyone have experience with sd on a stock computer? If all goes good I'll be getting a boost gauge, new turbo , intake and venting my bov in the next few weeks.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 113
Good to see a young buschur coming.. MM could get interesting.. I say Zach should build his car to take down papa bears dsm .. COULD GET REALLLLY interesting

Thank you for the two links. He didn't tell us what turbo he was going to make hopefully he lets us know this week. As soon as I know I'll I'll put it up on here.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back