The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Zachary Buschur's 2G build, next generation.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

david buschur

15+ Year Contributor
Mar 29, 2004
wakeman, oh, Ohio
This is my son's (15 years old) 2G DSM. He has been working here at the shop doing what he could since he was literally 3-4 years old. As he's grown he's learned more and more and is now starting to learn to weld and wrench. For those of you who will think he is spoiled or his "daddy" (me) gave him anything, that is incorrect. He has worked and saved his money and bought this car on his own and is working/paying for all the mods he is doing to it. There are no hand outs in my house! haha

Here is what he wrote on the BR Facebook page about the project. He just signed up here but can't make a thread yet, so I'm making this one for him.

This is Zachary Buschur, the next generation of Buschur Racing! The pictures of our Buschur Racing 2.5" press bent aluminized exhaust. I welded these up in the shop jigs and this is my first major project on my 2G Talon AWD. The car was super slow, being a bone stock auto, before the exhaust. Maximum brake boosting RPM was only about 2,000 rpm. After installing the new exhaust the car now easily goes to 3500 rpm but the stock brakes won't hold it and spins all four tires on the launch. Sound at cruise is real quiet and it's got a nice mild roar at WOT. We still have a few of these systems in stock here at the shop but once they are gone they will be gone for good. I'm glad I got one of the last ones we will ever produce on my own car!

Attachments

• photo copy 3.jpg
    photo copy 3.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 248
  • photo 2.19.45 PM.jpg
    photo 2.19.45 PM.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 236
  • photo 2.10.34 PM.jpg
    photo 2.10.34 PM.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 249
Nice! Glad to see Zachary's car getting some mods. :thumb: He is a very nice young man from what I have seen out of him. It's obvious he's not just a spoiled brat. And I have heard nothing but good things from others about him too. You can be proud of him Dave! :applause: I will look forward to seeing more of Zach around here in the future. :cool:

Very nice, I'm sure he got a bit of ribbing from his dad for it not being a 1g:tease:. What are the plans for the car:aha:? The 1g project was B@d A$$! as are all the BR cars I've seen, welcome to the community:thumb:.

I can get rear shots of the car tomorrow. The rule for my first car was it had to have airbags so the 1g was unfortunately not an option.

Just uploaded a video of the sound. This channel will be used for only car stuff.

[ame]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0Gts-npkx-s[/ame]

Wecome Zachary! Sounds good! I always love the way a magnaflow sounds on our cars. :D I ran one of those pressbent 2.5" downpipes made by you guys on a 1g fwd for a long time back in the day. Great simple part that was one of my first mods. 17 years later and I'm still here and more hooked than ever. :dsm:

Last edited:
Very cool to see you into dsm's. I have been a fan of you dads racing efforts and products since I was your age. I saved a whole summers worth of picking golf balls on the course in my neighborhood for my "BR drag turbo upgrade"- a 20g haha.

It's not a 1g but at least it's a DSM! Will be interesting to see where this goes, good luck!

I must say, I respect you for doing this yourself. I'm sure you will soon be one of the greats. I can't wait to see where you take this build.

I just thought I'd give a little update on the plans for this car by the end of February I plan on having a shift box, shift kit and doing fluid and filters on my auto trans. Here is a link to the shift box http://www.forcedfour.com/shiftbox.htm

The talon will also be going back on the Dyno for results from the exhaust. We will add a boost control and Dyno the car agian and get some results for you guys.

Hoping for 150-170 to the wheels it made 120 before so a 50 horsepower gain would be nice.

It's cool to see the mods you're doing to the auto because most people have manuals. I'm definetely Interested to see what your mods will put down! Excellent work

Welcome Zachary ! Lucky find to get a rare 98 talon, looks super clean and sounds nice :thumb:
Your father is very knowledgeable and your in good hands for this build. You will learn lots and you have earned this car saving up on your own, thats awesome youll appreciate it more.
Glad to see the auto being worked to go fast ! :hellyeah:

Very cool build, I had the same shift box on my old 2g auto awd and loved it! Keep up the progress!

What model did you have? I was looking at the plus so I can set it to shift at 7k for drag racing or manually shift it for autoX.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back