The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

You're not fast until....

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I was wondering why the bottom of my bumper looked kinda mushed in after the event. Maybe I should try more spring rate in the front.:hmm:

Pregame prep, too many talons, or not enough?

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

They must be close to stock spring rates LOL i have never seen a cocked wheel on a dsm before, i would worry alot if mine did that

700 and still did that? Your shocks must be shot! Or you have over sprung more then your shocks can handle

Ileagle has some superman brake tecnique. That car doesn't even have ABS. I dont think many others can do that.

I think this is the big full throttle sweeper after the slalom with the tight kink at the end. Looking at the painted lines there is a bump there, I think that contributes more to the tripod than my braking.
That photo must have been one of my slower runs, when I was going in a little to tight. So this is probably more an example of "effort" rather than "skill".

700 and still did that? Your shocks must be shot! Or you have over sprung more then your shocks can handle
Koni 2812 shocks, my last rebuild was in 2015, based on 2900 lbs and 700-900lb springs.

Koni 2812 shocks, my last rebuild was in 2015, based on 2900 lbs and 700-900lb springs.
So is the valving low from maybe the first sring rates and over grown the valving now? Them shocks do t seem like they would do this unless its blown, over sprung for valving or set wayhayyyyyy too soft,

Unless im over looking something here

Turns out this was my fastest clean run. I tagged a cone in the last slalom on a run that was over a second quicker.
This particular event site, specifically this lot (out of the 3 that various clubs race in) gives me a weird side to side pogo motion with this car.
You can see it at 0:50 and 1:05 in the video. The photo was taken at the 1:05 mark.

Turns out this was my fastest clean run. I tagged a cone in the last slalom on a run that was over a second quicker.
This particular event site, specifically this lot (out of the 3 that various clubs race in) gives me a weird side to side pogo motion with this car.
You can see it at 0:50 and 1:05 in the video. The photo was taken at the 1:05 mark.
love the music!!!!!!!!

and i see at 1.05 the front wheels move alot aswell so i can only assume the surface may have been a bit uneven? as a guess anyway from the way the front wheels move around.

So is the valving low from maybe the first sring rates and over grown the valving now? Them shocks do t seem like they would do this unless its blown, over sprung for valving or set wayhayyyyyy too soft,

Unless im over looking something here
Long time overdue response , but yes the shock was blown.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back