The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Your Ultimate Swap / Sleeper Build.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JusMX141

Dec 13, 2005
Greensburg, Pennsylvania
I know a guy with a 388whp Supercharged Mercury Sable Wagon. Full Taurus SHO Engine and Manual Trans swap, as well as other chassis mods to support the extra horses.

Another good buddy of mine is into rock crawlers and extreme off road stuff. He swapped a VW Turbo Diesel engine into his Suzuki Samarai by himself, fabricating everything necessary along the way. The thing has insane torque, and the ability to run underwater. (Welcome to the ROC)

So, if you had a disposable budget and you knew a shop that did insane swaps and sleeper builds, what would you guys get done?

Mine would be to take an older Dodge Caravan or Plymouth Voyager (the '88-'91 style) and swap the entire drivetrain out of a 3000GT VR4 (minus the 4-wheel steering) into it, leaving you with an all-wheel-drive, twin-turbo, V6 Minivan. Done tastefully, I think nothing could top it in "sleeperness" factor.

A friend of mine took a 94 Geo Metro, jacked it up on a 4x4 bronco II frame, put in a chevy 350, and it was doing about 350-400hp. The thing is kinda ugly, but they used it to go rock/trailing down in Kentucky.

I have a picture on here somewhere but I'm not seeing it at the moment so I'll have to upload it later.

I always think cramming a 4G63 into a Mirage makes an awesome sleeper (albeit mundane compared to the cars listed in this thread) No one ever suspects the Mirage :D

stroked 2.3 or 2.4 mitsu 4g series engine put into a late 80's to mid to late 90's lotus esprit chassis ... *sighs of joy while imagining driving and owning it*

But it would have to utilize the factory lotus gearbox and driveline.

I know its probably not much of a sleeper, but I also have an 88 CRX with a K20 swap in it. The things I did to keep it sleeper was I left the fading silver paint on it, stock black steelies and interior looks ratty and tore up on it. My DD looks like the fast car, and my CRX with the speed looks like it shouldn't even be running right now LOL.

I've also wanted to do a 99-01 Mirage 4dr with a swap.

fully built 4g63, with roughly 450-500hp swapped into a Conquest body, with a black leather interior, new paint, and the best suspension ever...

that would be sexy...

Most of these are pretty boring... 4g63 into a mirage? AWD spyder?? 4g63 conquest?? ... Not really original or out of this world... in fact many people do them. For an "ultimate swap / sleeper build" thread I think you guys could do better LOL. Conquest already has a sporty appearence and if I pulled up on one that sounded liek it was making 400-500 hp I would immediatley think it was 4g swapped. 4g63 mirage.. you could pull up on that and tell it was a swapped car by its sound. When you swap a motor into a car that people know can do the swap it isn't too sleeper. Although most hondas can be decieving because they all sound the same and you don't know whats under the hood. Usually it is a D series though LOL.

I had a built boosted 97 Saturn SC2 back in the day. Dyno'd 289whp 273 tq... Anyone ever expect something like that? Not something you see everyday, pretty sleeper if you ask me. Sub-2100lb car with that much power was pretty fun. Probably never going to hit numbers like the 4g63 but we had one locally running 383 whp before he parted it out. Pretty good for a car with almost no aftermarket support. Built saturn has great sleeper status.

(Yes, I'm sure others know people that have done it too, but when you pull up on a Saturn would you expect something like that?)

I've got a 1963 Chevy C-10 truck currently with a SB-305. I have always wanted to throw something different in there. Possibly a fully built GT35R'd RB25DET!

I want a Ford Festiva to put a 4G63T in.

Or one of the AWD astrovans to put a LSx in.

A 1960 Mitsubishi 500 with a 4g63 crammed in it!
This is the ORIGINAL Smart car haha...500cc

Attachments

• mitsubishi500.jpg
    mitsubishi500.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 345
hahaha....a very clean un-molested 68 Camaro SS, but with a MONSTER 4g63 under the hood....man that would piss off a lot of people...

one day ill make it happen but a 97 talon tsi with a r34 engine and drive train as well as a full carbon fiber kit (front clip, inside's and rear hatch, doors and rear bumper,..) i think it would be fun as hell to drive,:talon::talon::talon::talon::talon::talon::talon::D

I've had a few odd ones...

82 Toyota 2wd reg cab short bed p/u with a 421ci SBC, 9" rear, 6 speed, etc... Some dumb bi*** t-boned me while I was driving to school back in 96, got parted out...

88 RX7 with a 406 SBC, was a very fun car, mad tyte drifting y0.

and a 4g63 powered 88 Conquest, it was also a pretty fun car.

I've had a few other oddballs also.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back