The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

Your Opinion: Clutch and Flywheel comparison

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dieselboy

20+ Year Contributor
Nov 6, 2002
Seattle Area, Washington
Your opinions? I was thinking an ACT X-treme/2600lb with a Clutch Masters 7lb lightened flywheel (if available). I feel this would be a good combo cuz I have past experience with ACT clutches (with Hondas ofcorse), and the CM flywheel is only around $350. Your opinions? Better choices? :dsm:

Whats this I hear about Crankwalk with a 2600? Will a 2100 do for an AWD with an eventual 20G or L2R swap (prolly a low 12, high 11 sec car when Im done). Opinions? :confused:

2600... 2g... crankwalk... yes. It is very likley from what I've heard, but you know there are different drag launching techniques that can ease the strain on your drivetrain.

You won't have to worry about it on your 1G. It won't promote crankwalk like it does on the 2G's. Go with the 2600 and forget about it, you probably won't have to worry about putting to much power through it ever. Good luck!

Mike

Cool, got worried for a sec, thanks for the advise.

Now what about the flywheel. I know that Clutch Masters DOES make a flywheel for 1G's. Good choice, or is there better? Id love to get a JUN, but theres no way Im forking out $600-$700 for a flywheel.

You can also look into the Fidanza's they seem to be most popular on DSM's.

I just noticed that your a Seattle local. Welcome to the boards and mabye I will see you around on the streets also.

Mike

Definatley forget about the 2100 with those turbos. It's best in lightly modded cars. I made enough power in my FWD with a big 16g to get it to slip after a hard launch. Of course, I did alot to get the car to hook up, but still, it's not AWD.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back