The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

Your most recent welding pics

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Here in canada it's $70
Per year for that big one and you have to sign a year rental agreement.

$5.80 per month,

but i opted to buy a personal 3ft one which isnthe largest you can legally own personally in this country. ($15 fill with student discount) Sucks because in seattle i could buy that big tank for like 150 and $70 per fill

One place by me:
$72 for a 55cf tank. $18.50 to fill. You own the tank. Good for 10 years.

Place where I get mine:
80cf tank is $170 (lifetime lease, return it and they keep $25 and give you the rest back)
130cf tank is $200 i think.

And of course airgas.
40cf tank is $170 +40 to fill
80cf tank is $240 plus the fill.

-16 bungs welded on an AFCO radiator
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Last edited:
An inconel exhuast manifold for a DSM?

That I would like to see. But why over 304 SS?

Haha, he isn't making me an inconel one for real- we were joking about what ridiculous metals you could use to make one out of. I think if I was going to spend the money on exotic materials it would be titanium over that anyway.

Havent posted in a while I'm doing 1g and 2g groove welds on 3/8 mild steel plate mig and stick

Here is my horizontal stick 7018 132 amp miller synchro wave 250DX
Face( cap welds were ground flush, this was a 5/16 root gap.

Root (had 2/8 backing plate that was scarfed off with a scarfing tip cuttin torch

Bent (two outside are face bends middle is root bend)

The under side of the bend

("S" for stick, "m" for mig)

This has been practice for when the inspector comes and certifies me :) (all my bends thus far have not cracked or broken=pass)

Last edited by a moderator:
Urban, your doing pretty damn good, keep it up. I forgot to take a pic last night. I had to weld a patch panel on 30" water main cause a contractor taking core samples hit the pipe. Welding on pipe that was made 75 years ago that's riveted and sealed with tar is not cool.

inconel tends not to crack like titanium and can be used as low as 0.5mm and still be as strong a 0.8 titanium and 2.2mm stainless but you have to get it right and purge it of course! why do you think f1 exhausts are inconel? at the revs they go to and after 3-4 years sometimes they never crack

i saw an evo 8 with an inconel manifold last year the guy paid £2600 so alot of dollars haha

oh and 304 still has slight rust properties so to do a turbo manifold correctly then the best stainless for turbo application would be a 321 stainless and a 316 system. but of course its all down to price and that is not cheap for that set up!

I was more wondering why in the world someone would pay to have an inconol exhuast manifold made for a DSM. Overkill

Welded a break pedal extension for a 1g that road races for better heel toe action. Welds could have been more uniform but the position was really outa wack, it was the best i could have done given the awkward angles of each fillet for the bracket.

Important thing is it will hold.

Hope you enjoy it solomon.

Last edited by a moderator:
nice welds....that dude must have a TINY pair of feet

My buddy Todd and I recently tag-teamed this topmount for my buddy Dan's PTE6262 on his 1G. We used Treadstone's cast SS flange and collector, which are very nice pieces. The design is pretty unique with the wastegate up high and on the inside, but it fits well there because it will offer a nice transition when re-circ'd back into the downpipe.

My buddy Todd and I recently tag-teamed this topmount for my buddy Dan's PTE6262 on his 1G. We used Treadstone's cast SS flange and collector, which are very nice pieces. The design is pretty unique with the wastegate up high and on the inside, but it fits well there because it will offer a nice transition when re-circ'd back into the downpipe.

My god is that ever beautiful Paul! :D Those Treadstone pieces are pretty awesome indeed. On a side note, I love the wrinkle finish on the compressor housing too. :thumb:

Thats amazing!!! A ss collector thats cast???? Advband? Nice. I would have used mild steel for te head flange though to avoid ripping out the studs

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back