The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

Your most recent welding pics

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Looking good!

New torch and cable for the longevity 160sx, 200sx and eastwood. #### YA!

I'll drop them an email. Thanks

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

First try with the new torch. It's a 17 torch but I'll be changing over to the 9 soon. Gotta get consumables for it first.

Practicing stops and starts with 7018

Heres a few pix

Last edited by a moderator:

I got a little color on this weld, but i couldnt get it on any other bead, this was at about 50ish amps, i tried hotter and colder down to 35 amps and up to about 90. I did see somewhere that the digital amperage readout on somebodies 160sx was about 20 amps off of the actual amperage, maybe i could be running into that.

I then welded that little piece to another practice piece that i practiced mig on super super dirty and huge gaps.

Before

After

The metal must have been extremely dirty I could hear it popping and sizzling .

What is the largest Cup for a wp9 style torch with a gas lens?

Last edited:
I did this several months ago but finally getting back to making more parts and figured I'd post this. This is my first time attempting a manifold, hell I've only made like 5 parts total tig welding. I've never taken classes or had anyone show me anything and I never practice, I just bought a Miller Syncrowave 200 and jumped in head first. Please critique me if something something doesn't look right or I could use a different method. I read that manifolds should be fully backpurged with argon so I made a couple of hose attachments and the insides look amazing especially compared to no argon and the sugaring that occurs. Thanks :thumb:

Attachments

• 2012-11-20 20.53.16.jpg
    2012-11-20 20.53.16.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 65
  • 2012-11-21 18.27.39.jpg
    2012-11-21 18.27.39.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 70
  • 2012-11-29 19.50.17.jpg
    2012-11-29 19.50.17.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 63
  • 2012-11-20 15.26.32.jpg
    2012-11-20 15.26.32.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 69
  • 2012-12-24 19.05.46.jpg
    2012-12-24 19.05.46.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 73
  • 2012-12-07 19.50.44.jpg
    2012-12-07 19.50.44.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 68
  • 2012-12-25 14.49.02.jpg
    2012-12-25 14.49.02.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 68
  • 2012-12-20 20.18.12.jpg
    2012-12-20 20.18.12.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 72
  • 2012-12-25 14.49.37.jpg
    2012-12-25 14.49.37.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 63
  • 2012-12-25 14.54.18.jpg
    2012-12-25 14.54.18.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 68
How did did you get inside to weld the runners ro the collector?

Gas flow high on medium shroud or small if your fighting for room and pull the tungsten right out,

Looks like you need purge, your welds are too hot, reduce amperage, more gas flow. Beads look good. The firs one going up the side looks contaminated. A non purged manifold will fail. I was also gonna do that design. Looks good just hope it lasts. Theres probably a bunch of sugar on the inside.

Honestly this pissese off, i ordered it from vibrant and even their website shows a tighter bend for their 120 the thing i have is a huge bend still 120 but WTF. No way a vband flange is fitting if i cut too close to the bend. Wtf WTF WTF.

Where did you get yours from?
Mine was from adp turbo or something like that. I don't remember it was SO long ago. Or agp or something.

Looks like you need purge, your welds are too hot, reduce amperage, more gas flow. Beads look good. The firs one going up the side looks contaminated. A non purged manifold will fail. I was also gonna do that design. Looks good just hope it lasts. Theres probably a bunch of sugar on the inside.

I figured I was doing it a little too hot at first. Nothing is contaminated and I fully purged the whole manifold so no sugaring at all, so I don't know what you are refering to when you say "hope it lasts"...

Also I had to buy a Micro Torch for getting around the last runner because I did the runners a little too close for the #17 or #19 torch that came with it even with the tungsten hanging out a ways. The Micro Torch is great for getting into small spots, great investment.

Honestly this pissese off, i ordered it from vibrant and even their website shows a tighter bend for their 120 the thing i have is a huge bend still 120 but WTF. No way a vband flange is fitting if i cut too close to the bend. Wtf WTF WTF.

Bummer, I have the same problem because I didn't place my flange over far enough so instead of a tighter bend I just made a Alt Relo Kit. If you don't make your own there are kits out there for about $100. Not only is moving the Alt to the back functional due to ridiculous amounts of heat causing it to fail eventually but great for cleaning up the front of the bay! :thumb:

Got my 9 torch for the longevity and a gas lens kit today! Going to do a video on it doing an alumium bead on Intercooler pipe for you. Will try to do it Sunday night.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back