The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Rix Racing

Your most recent welding pics

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yes that one. Is that plug and play with my miller? Or do i need an adapter fitting? Also noticed there isn't that grey wire on that torch? What is that wire for anyway? And is it needed for a different torch? Im guessing its just to signal the electronic finger switch for slope out and stuff.

That is everything you need. The adapter is on there.
The cable is for the finger control.
The only thing I did different was take the plastic fitting off the miller cable and move it over so that it looked cleaner and no dust got in there as easy.
Took my time stripping it off the old cable and installing this one probably took an hour at most.

I had the 9 torch as well and just let it cool off if you have to go 150+ amps as the torch gets hot pretty quick.
Order it and put thanks gamble in the notes ;)

Not really a recent weld pic, but made a new jig to make 4-1 collectors. It will be welded soon and ill repost.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Looks amazing! What angle did you use? Pics of the jig? I need to try this.

It's nothing special, it's actually quite ugly LOL. But it works great. I made it out of scrap 2" angle iron I had laying around. I used 13 degrees for the cut. That will probably need to be a little diff to fit a t3 or t4 flange. I made this one for a vband inlet which is why it looks more round then squared.

It's nothing special, it's actually quite ugly LOL. But it works great. I made it out of scrap 2" angle iron I had laying around. I used 13 degrees for the cut. That will probably need to be a little diff to fit a t3 or t4 flange. I made this one for a vband inlet which is why it looks more round then squared.

I can't tell what i'm looking at LOL. any others?

Finished tacking together the manifold today, i still have to mock up the wastegates, i still have to buy them too! ROFL

I also need to test fit it and ensure that the measurements i built this too are correct! LOL i just took an a bunch of measurements and started tacking , the car is at the paintshop, and has been for quite some time..

My dad was helping me out and he wanted to try out the tig, so i said what the hell. He tacked in the pipes no problem, but has a problem tacking the runner to the head flange, so he cranked the amperage to the max on the pedal (200) and blasted it...

Think ill be able to fill that in?

It's all tacked up, just remove it and replace it.
Start on the flange and rock the torch slightly to the pipe.

Posting this for cory bowers. My new T3 manifold by stm.

Ill post more pix of the welds when i get it in the mail :)

Now i can start hacking up the DNP

Last edited by a moderator:
Catch can for the talon. Sits behind/next to the pass strut tower under the wiper motor. Ill be adding the filters once they arrive.

Finised my oxy fuel and stick class woth an 80% bombed cutting torch :(
Oh well. I got to mess around on oxy again and made a water tight pressure vessel, submerged it and no bubbles leaked out! the welds looked tits! It was a shame to grind them off as if they were never there. Ill polish it for fun

These were all made by 16g mild steel flat bar.

Last edited by a moderator:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back