The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

Your most recent welding pics

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I made this last week for my GF. All 304 stainless.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.
Awww puppy love. I dont think i have dne valentines for so many years, its just a big money waste and the wife agree's thankfully.

Looks good though, how long that take to make

Awww puppy love. I dont think i have dne valentines for so many years, its just a big money waste and the wife agree's thankfully.

Looks good though, how long that take to make
I'm not a big 'hallmark holiday' kinda guy, but if it gives me an opportunity to be a thoughtful gentleman with my welder, then I'm game. :)

Not sure on how long it took. A couple hours each night, and probably 4 nights. Something like that.

I'm not a big 'hallmark holiday' kinda guy, but if it gives me an opportunity to be a thoughtful gentleman with my welder, then I'm game. :)

Not sure on how long it took. A couple hours each night, and probably 4 nights. Something like that.
Gotta earn them brownie points right haha. As a kid i went overboard on buying huge cards and such but the older i got the less it interested me, if they dont like it thats their problem LOL my love is everyday and not on 1 day.

What cup was you using? I been looking at them huge cups as i only got a 10 currently. Was it one of those furik clear cups you used?

Gotta earn them brownie points right haha. As a kid i went overboard on buying huge cards and such but the older i got the less it interested me, if they dont like it thats their problem LOL my love is everyday and not on 1 day.

What cup was you using? I been looking at them huge cups as i only got a 10 currently. Was it one of those furik clear cups you used?
I burned up my Dynasty right after getting this tacked up. So I welded it all over at a buddy's shop with his welder. I didnt even pay attention to the cup and gas flow. The lighting was terrible in there though, so I struggled a bit.

I typically do all of mt DC welding with a ceramic FUPA cup though.

I burned up my Dynasty right after getting this tacked up. So I welded it all over at a buddy's shop with his welder. I didnt even pay attention to the cup and gas flow. The lighting was terrible in there though, so I struggled a bit.

I typically do all of mt DC welding with a ceramic FUPA cup though.
I read about your broken welder. Sucked when that happens.

Funny you say about the fupa as i just ordered the BBW furick ceramic kit tonight as i want to try it out as its said to be amazing for stainless. Shall see how i get on with it. If i like it i shall buy a few as they are kinda expensive here in the UK just like everything else

Haven't taken weld pics or video in a while, but this was my most recent one. Gotta keep this thread alive. :)

#weldeverydamnday

Dialed in HARD! I’ll contribute too, since I always forget about this thread til I get a notification from it LOL!

Haven't taken weld pics or video in a while, but this was my most recent one. Gotta keep this thread alive. :)

#weldeverydamnday

Looks like pulse and laywire? Do you only do one pass?

It’s been ages for me too, I remember the beginning of this thread 😁. I weld sanitary for a living now. But I also do my own side business of machining parts. I know this isn’t welding, but if y’all need flanges and stuff - holler at me!

I thought it would be fun to bring back this thread since i enjoyed seeing everyones work. I unfortunately don't get to do much fabing or welding on car parts. But here are some pics from parts i'm prototyping for our v2 printer. Wish i had more but i'm stuck in meetings more then i would like =( . The last pics are from my o2 housing i made for myself and some other misc things i did on my car . Anyway hope i get to see what some of you guys have been up to.

Posted a thread before realizing this thread existed. Copied and pasted to here.

So I’m a bad mechanic. But I happen to be an ok welder. It’s a large portion of what I do professionally. As I’ve been reading more build threads, I’ve seen mechanical aptitude that far exceeds my own but I also see a consistent fear of welding in almost every thread.

I’d like to make myself available for welding advice, tips, whatever for the community to try and give back some of the great help I’ve been given. Post pics, show off your welds, ask for advice, anything you want!

You don’t need a lot of fancy equipment or anything to make nice welds. A little hood time and a little advice can go a long way.

I’m certainly not the best, not even close to the best on this forum even, but I’m good enough for car stuff, hope I can help even one person improve their weld game. None of the welds here were done with machines with even digital displays, much less fancy square wave or triangle wave blah blah blah pulse etc functions.

4” sch 40
.035 solid wire
19.something volts 210 ish ipm

2” sch 5 304 practice coupon for sanitary dairy tube
42 amps
Walking on #6 cup
Big miller multi process with digital display, scratch start, 1/8 tungsten, have since been running 3/32 tungsten and smaller cups for sanitary

image.jpg

1 1/4” 304 sch 10 or 40, cant remember
Offbrand scratch start rig, no digital display or anything
105ish amps, 3/32 tungsten (would much prefer 1/8 for this), #6 cup, 3 pass (fusion root, 3/32 fill, 1/8 cap) cause it was ammonia or something

Same basic rig, 115ish amps, 2” 316

3” 316 sch 10, open butt, done in a mirror on top a ladder
75ish amp (?) root, 85ish (?) amp cap
Same offbrand scratch start rig

Last edited:
I'll throw in a couple more cause it's been a while over here

Damn man. Those are some nice smooth welds! I need to look into a clamp system as its tricky doing bends getting in the correct placement, is your's just a generic multi clamp type boom arm with magnetic base or clamped to the bench?

Im no welder, but I can appreciate great craftsmanship when I see it. Your welding skills are a work of art.

Damn man. Those are some nice smooth welds! I need to look into a clamp system as its tricky doing bends getting in the correct placement, is your's just a generic multi clamp type boom arm with magnetic base or clamped to the bench?
I have some videos on my Instagram on the positioner and that setup specifically, My vise is just a cheaply Lowe's vise with a steel round stock off cut for extra weight. Copper vise jaws

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back