The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

Your favorite store is WALMART!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

there are a lot of trashy people in walmart. it is straight ghetto. no matter what state. its all the same.

but they do offer the best prices.

there ARE A LOT of people in the USA who would pay a bit more just so they dont have to go into the walmart. and thus the reason target is around.

sad but true

Self check-outs are partly the reason people are loosing jobs and our economy is $hit.

Now everyone just runs thru the self-checkouts so we eliminate those workers. Granted it isnt much of a job, but it still is a job. Those people get paid to scan your groceries, which in return they spend the money, which helps boost economy. But when they sit at home and are out of work because of the self checkouts, it hurts us.

If more people would "refuse" to use the self checkouts then the stores would be forced to pay people to scan, which in turn would help save jobs for future.

So next time you are going through the store, and dont HAVE to leave INSTANTLY, think about waiting the couple of minutes.

This isn't even slightly true.

Wal-Mart didn't remove anyone's job when they added the self check out. It actually created a new job for the CSMs at Wal-Mart requiring another person be hired to MANAGEMENT position.

What Wal-Mart is currently setting up is a system where you walk out of the store and the items are chipped so you will be billed as soon as you leave to your Wal-Mart card which will be replacing the self check out. They WILL be keeping the old registers too.

If any job is lost at Wal-Mart another receiving (stocking) job is created to put more freight out for people to buy.

Also you guys need to get this straight I'm sick of hearing this BS.

Wal-Mart buys very little from China anymore because the Chinese currency is worth to much and now they want benefits. So we Wal-Mart is moving production companies they go through to Mexico which INCREASES our currency because of the United States, Canada, and Mexico starting to merge into George Bush's idea for the "North American Union". Some of the stuff is already taking effect and has been passed such as little things that basically tie our economy together with out calling it a single currency.

Before you hate a company and say it treats employees unfairly learn the truth. Wal-mart pays a minimum of 40 cents over minimum wage. Offers health care, dental, and 401k plans at understandable prices. They also pay for TONS of crap and your discounts you can get are over 200 pages long on the internet. You can get up to 60% off Ford vehicles (mostly the Focus) for example. Lets not forget how much management gets paid and how easily those jobs can be attained, also how they come available every few years.

I am currently working at Wal-Mart doing Maintenance part time while I finish school. I can pay all of my bills working 32 hours a week, and I have NOT received my first raise yet but will next month. I can't say its a bad company at all.

Sweet irony: I'm a self-employed landscaper. I do make money moving mulch with a wheelbarrow; I have no employees, I keep all the money myself. I did have to hire some folks for a concrete job recently. I paid them well: My union finnishers each got $225 for 4 hours of work, my stoner wheelbarrow-lacky got 2 $55 dollar Phish tickets for his time. Everyone, customer included, was very happy.

My mom and brother work for Best Buy, my bro's fiance/common-law wife/signifigant other works for...Target!

It's 3 am, I don't feel like getting deep, analytical, political, or philosophical, I just find you guys' references WAY close to home. I'm not nearly drunk enough for 3 am on a Friday/Saturday!:hmm:

My brother-in-law grosed 1.5 million in revenue as a landscaper last year in NoVA and Southern Md. I assure you he needs more help to give himself a decent stream of income for the area in which he lives :) . He's definately a small businessman vs. his competition.

But I'm sure you have much less headaches. He goes through cellphones and his f550 windshield almost weekly.

I'll join the conversation about the economy and crappy jobs.

I'm a college student. I've worked through a temp agency for the last 3 summers because the economy sucks and I refuse to work for the fast food industry. As a college student, the temp agency has usually given me their higher/highest paying openings, especially since my attendance record is spotless.

I have to side with Matt over the complaints about migrant workers. I do have a problem with the ones who are here illegally, but that's another argument.

All I have to say is that THERE ARE OPENINGS AND COMPANIES HIRING even in this economy. The problem is that people are lazy. I currently work through a temp agency at a Coca-Cola plant and I've seen people walk away from a job that pays $12.50/hr. If people showed even a hit on honor and self-respect, they'd take a crappy job to pay the bills instead of sitting around collecting unemployment or disability and complaining about how meager the check is.

Now there are people who have a legitimate reason for collecting unemployment or disability checks. But I've done jobs that could be done just about anyone.

Many Americans are lazy. We deserve every ounce of disrespect given to us by other countries with regards to being lazy.

. He's definately a small businessman vs. his competition.

But I'm sure you have much less headaches. He goes through cellphones and his f550 windshield almost weekly.

Things are really different around here, even though the dsm factory seems to be on the way out. I don't work that hard because I'm really relying on my family more than I want to admit. But, I get to learn my lessons about business without getting sued, or going into debt. It's way cheaper than a graduate degree, I'm building a customer base, and a good reputation. Nobody is excited about the economy around here, and things aren't "great", but there aren't as many people in dire straits, either.

If Walmart were the only employment opportunity in an otherwise-struggling town, I'm sure I'd feel different. However; I went to Walmart for the 1st time in over a year today. Sweet Jesus, it sucked. I had a list of about ten things. I left with a 12-pack, a 5-pack of bic lighters, and a box of rubbers. The rubbers were the only thing that was actually on my list! Everything else, they either didn't have, or it was very NOT cheap, and wasn't even what I was really looking for.

Even though there were tons of open registers, it was still a lame, degrading experience. It left me feeling, well, a little gross:barf:

I'll join the conversation about the economy and crappy jobs.

I'm a college student. I've worked through a temp agency for the last 3 summers because the economy sucks and I refuse to work for the fast food industry. As a college student, the temp agency has usually given me their higher/highest paying openings, especially since my attendance record is spotless.

I have to side with Matt over the complaints about migrant workers. I do have a problem with the ones who are here illegally, but that's another argument.

All I have to say is that THERE ARE OPENINGS AND COMPANIES HIRING even in this economy. The problem is that people are lazy. I currently work through a temp agency at a Coca-Cola plant and I've seen people walk away from a job that pays $12.50/hr. If people showed even a hit on honor and self-respect, they'd take a crappy job to pay the bills instead of sitting around collecting unemployment or disability and complaining about how meager the check is.

Now there are people who have a legitimate reason for collecting unemployment or disability checks. But I've done jobs that could be done just about anyone.

Many Americans are lazy. We deserve every ounce of disrespect given to us by other countries with regards to being lazy.

Yep... people just need to realize that SOME paycheck is better than nothing.

Everyone is complaining about not being able to find a job... I have a friend who just landed FOUR jobs in 2 weeks. She got one almost a year ago and kept it, I just got her a second job working with me. And she got a nighttime bartending job a couple weeks ago, and an offer for a waitress at another place. I was like WTF, how are you gonna do that, and still go to school? She's quitting her old job, turned down the waitress one, taking the job I hooked her up with and the bartending one.

Granted, the best out of those four pays $8.75 an hour... but still, if she can have the opportunity to work 4 jobs, how can people complain that they can't find ONE?

" 'Cause, I can't pay for the highspeed internet to argue about this stuff";)

I have three kids, we live off of much less than others think one can. Coming from experience on the bs we try to get/do/avoid. We still get out to the beach, drink cold GOOd beer, enjoy plenty of down time, have a great sexlife, found a decent school, have health coverage. Also, It's as humble home, but we own it. No deed of trust/mortgage. Some want more. But that is what this is all about. What do you REALLY want??? To live or not? . . . Work at it. You'll live.

I couldn't live on less than 18 an hour and my house is paid for, my cars are paid for, really the only bills are phone, internet, insurance, and outrageous electricity. We go through at least 700 a month in just food.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back