The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

You know you're a dsmer when... if [Merged 8-8]

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ur also a dsm'er when ur AIM buddy list's 200 buddy maximum is filled with nothing but ppl under the phrase''diamond star motors'' LOL

:talon: Monty :talon:

....when you've actually punched someone for asking if your car has VTEC.

..when you're STILL posting to this thread. :laugh:

...When you work on your car at 3 am upstairs next to your computer...yes i got home at 3 am and found my fog lights sitting in my room that cam from UPS...I modifed them to fit my car and soldered soem wires on at 3am:)...at least i'm dedicated. I even went out after i cut them to see if they fit properly.

You have actually gotten out and adjusted your MBC while in the drive through at McDonald's.

You have your Turbo Timer mounted with zip ties.

You have ever been asked "What's wrong with the paint on the hood?"
And you answered "The car is so fast when I get up to 5th gear the paint starts to peel off."

holy shit that is the most prefect list i have ever heard because its all true and i never thought n e one thought the same way i did LMFAO
Peace
Kenny

ok, I know this is an old thread but my friend thought of a good one

You might be a DSMer when you can sleep more soundly at night because you have a 6 bolt motor and don't have to worry about (insert c-word here)

dalepmay said:
You have ever been asked "What's wrong with the paint on the hood?"
And you answered "The car is so fast when I get up to 5th gear the paint starts to peel off."

I do that too because the paint on my hood and my roof has cancer. People just go :confused: :confused:

You might be a dsmer if, while your car is being fixed, you would rather drive a busted ass ford ranger instead of a 2006 honda because that would make you a hypocrite.

Eclipsed said:
You know youre a dsmer when you get tired of repairing them for 3 years, you opt to get a honda/acura. ;)

That doesn't make you a DSMer at all...
That makes you a poser.

endlessMyk said:
That doesn't make you a DSMer at all...
That makes you a poser.

Yea, right, poser. When you get my age and have to pay for rent, health insurance, and food, you learn that having a fast car isn't as important as you think.

I can name atleast 15 DSMers who have swtiched to Honda or another car because they are sick of paying to repair things.

Do you even know WTF a poser is? Because last time I checked, it wasn't "Getting sick of tuning DSMs for three years, so you swtich to something more reliable."

Poser

n 1: a person who habitually pretends to be something he is not [syn: poseur] 2: a person who poses for a photographer or painter or sculptor; "the president didn't have time to be a model so the artist worked from photos" [syn: model] 3: a particularly difficult or baffling question or problem [syn: stumper, toughie, sticker]

"Source: WordNet ® 2.0, © 2003 Princeton University"

:boring:

Personally, if you wuss out because your DSM breaks down so you get a Honduh, that makes you not a DSM-er at all. So your definition "a person who habitually pretends to be something he is not" fits because as a tuner I accept that my DSM will not be reliable if its gonna be fast. I think real tuners all accept that.

When you get my age??? I'm 2 years older than you!
If you can't handle the fact that your dsm is gonna break down too bad. It's a great way to weed out the people who are just into it for the trend factor.

You know you're a DSM-er when...

you've spent the last 3 years sinking money into your DSM, and it's still stock. (Or close to)

endlessMyk said:
Personally, if you wuss out because your DSM breaks down so you get a Honduh, that makes you not a DSM-er at all. So your definition "a person who habitually pretends to be something he is not" fits because as a tuner I accept that my DSM will not be reliable if its gonna be fast. I think real tuners all accept that.

When you get my age??? I'm 2 years older than you!
If you can't handle the fact that your dsm is gonna break down too bad. It's a great way to weed out the people who are just into it for the trend factor.

I've dealt with theses cars for 3 years. And if 3 years of sinking money into a money pit isn't enough to make someone drop DSMs while they have to pay for college, rent, insurance, etc then they must be stupid. I have had two DSMs fwd breaking into high 12's.

I mainly want to buy a new car because I want to learn a different platform, but if my choice for leaving DSMs makes me a poser, then I guess everyone that has done the same is also a poser. Search around, you'll see quite a few threads/posts about this.

And what I meant still stands, when you get to my age, having to spend money on shit I now have to, it makes having a fast car pointless, especially since I have debt I have to pay. If you spend all your money onto cars when you have trouble paying for college, rent, health insurance, etc then you have your prioities wrong. I completely understand being a tuner excepts the responsibilities and I accepted them, for 3 long years. And being in it for the trend factor? 3 years buddy, that doesn't make me only in it for the "trend". Leaving tuning DSMs shows the fact that I am getting my priorities straight, not becoming a poser. I'm not sure how tuning for 3 years makes me a poser, but whatever you say.

Some people on forums can't take a joke. :/

And some people on forums are jokes.
My bottom line pal, is that saying leaving dsms after 3 years does not make you a true dsm-er at all.

My comment about jumping the trend wasn't to directly apply to you, but since you took it that way... 3 years isn't that long. I could talk about how a certain movie came out just OVER that time, and inspired more than a few to become "tuners" Or I could just say a lot of guys have been putting 10 years in on these cars and still sticking with it!

I'll also say this is far enough off topic, if you wanna continue the debate, i suggest starting a new thread titled "Does leaving DSMs after 3 Years For a Honda make you a True DSM-er?"
The responses you'd get with that would be a lot less nice than what I said.

I just wanted a different platform to learn on. I've been into imports well before that "movie" you suggested. 3 years is actually pretty long for going through what I went through. Sure there are people who have been with it for 10 years, they arent college students stuggling to pay rent and college.

Sure saying leaving the community would be alot less nice. Do I care? Not really. People tend to move on when they dont enjoy something anymore. As am i...

I've stuck with DSMs from the start and I will always respect and love them. At this time in my life, I see no point in owning a car with such a high maintenence requitement.

Anyways if you would like to continue to "belittle" my personal decision, take it to a pm.

Great, nice job hijacking an amazing thread :thumb:

Stfu and discuss it in another thread.

Back on topic.

SOrry for helping to drag it off-topic, my original comment stands though, giving up on the DSM after 3 years does not make you a dsm-er.

Since I drug it O/T here's another:
You know you're a DSM-er when....

while searching for something on dsmtuners you bring a topic back that hasn't been replied to since 2002.

the sad thing is that all of this stuff is true i really have adjusted my mbc in a drive through : dsm:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back