The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

You know you're a dsmer when... if [Merged 8-8]

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

"your dsm is like having a super hot girlfriend, if you don't give it 12+ hours of attention a day, it will bi*** and moan at you and your life will be a living hell, but once you make it happy, and you finally get inside it, it will be THE BEST ride of your life"

125 is untrue.... I want you to get me a gallon of 93 for that price I will buy a drum... or 10

56 and 140 is me but I will drive like 100 miles and take a gas container with me

#140 applies to me, only its more like only 8 miles, and I still drive away smiling at $4.99 a gallon :)

Always nice to go over this list :)

Few days ago on vwvortex.com I've seen dubbers comming up with a similair list.

This is just me but...

...you dream of putting a 4g63 in your "other" car because since it gets more looks/brings up more conversations than both of your DSMs combined, you might as well give them something to actually talk about.

"other" car = rusted out CRX, WTF

maybe it is me

but getting a free 95 mirage (has bad tranny and head gasket)
and ording parts to make it a evo 3

compleat rear subframe coming from japan
compleat front clip coming from japan (car will be rhd when done)
trunk lid,wing,rims,side skirts,rear bumper,rear bumper add on's,front lip with brake ducks all coming from New Zeland

When
-you drive a rusted 1g turbo but at stop-lights you have the confidence as if you're driving a brand new vette

-whenever you see another DSM on the road, you try and see if it's turbocharged.

-when you've spent more money on your DSM than your girl/wife

-When you see an evo on the road and you automatically think that you have the same block as it.

-if you're equipped with AWD, at stoplights you say to yourself "i've got AWD and i'll rip you out of the hole" as you're glancing over at whose next to you.

let's hear them guys!!

You know your a dsm'er when you run more boost than tire pressure.

When little kids ask if you got "nos" because of your gauges on the a-pillar.

And then when they tell you spin the tires and you have to try and explain to them that you're AWD.

My first post in this thread:

You know your a dsm'r when you start taking protein shakes after you finish workin on the car for the day.

Y.K.Y.A.D when you're wrist have swoll up from tightening clamps all the time

Y.K.Y.A.D when you throw the 1ga, 1gb, 2ga,2gb in peoples face when discussing years of the dsm's.

Y.K.Y.A.D when your car brings you closer to crying than bad relationships.

Y.K.Y.A.D when you don't turn off your car at a meet because of the bad squellin you're afraid it's going to make when you turn it back on.

Y.K.Y.A.D when you see a car worth racing, you get on it icognito and let the bov sound next to him.

S_Ranger said:
Y.K.Y.A.D when you don't turn off your car at a meet because of the bad squellin you're afraid it's going to make when you turn it back on.

You shouldn't worry about this one, it's a DSM meet every other car is gonna make some sort of ####ed up noise too. LOL

cHz said:
And then when they tell you spin the tires and you have to try and explain to them that you're AWD.
ROFL That happened to me this summer! This idiot at the local hangout had a camera and he's like, "yo do a burnout so I can tape it". I just started laughing and drove by, then my gf (at the time) says "why didn't you do a burnout for him"... that just killed the moment, so I sat there quietly while screaming in my head, HAVE YOU LEARNED NOTHING!?

YKYAD:

-if you hate carrying passangers because it slows the car down

-if you removed your backseat for this reason

-if you avoid eye contact with potential ignortant question askers at auto zone, the gas station, etc ("is it turbo?", "is it fast", etc)

-if you feel the urge to jump in and correct idiots discussing cars that obviously don't know what they're talking about (happens at college ALLLLL the time)

-if you ever gave someone a blank stare and then walked away when asked "what do you got done to it"... do they really expect you to list everything? My normal replies are, "a lot" or "its stock" I'm going to start carrying business cards with links to my profile on them.

-if you ever did give them the mod list and they gave you the blank stare back because the only part you listed that they understood was exhaust and they didn't hear NAWS like they were expecting to

-if you never have to worry about getting into street races because everyone is scared of the car

MyBeatGSX said:
-if you hate carrying passangers because it slows the car down :thumb:

-if you removed your backseat for this reason :thumb:

I'm going to start carrying business cards with links to my profile on them. ROFL

-if you never have to worry about getting into street races because everyone is scared of the car JJYESSSS!
Very funny

YKYAD

-when you act like you hit gold when you go to a junkyard and find a 1g dsm for parts!

- even when you do something simple like add a new gauge you feel like you gained hp.

...when the guy with a k20 swapped honda wont race you because you are ''that guy with the ###kin fast galant''

The official "you know you own a dsm when..." Thread
Ill start it..

You know you own a dsm when....

When filling out job applications or during interviews, there's a long pause after the question "Do you have reliable transportation to work?"

You know your a Dsmer when you Idolize John Shepard like you used to idolize Micheal Jordan as a Kid.

You know you own a dsm when......

people organize a meet, you post that your definitely going and then you back out due to stuff breaking and/or things come up that you absolutely can't miss

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back