The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

1G Yoke recall question

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

You would think I would know but from a visual inspection, I do not. I do know that a defective yoke leaks from the plug that seals the splines at the rear of the yoke. Since this is a spinning part it slings gear oil under the car and on the down pipe in a distinctive straight line. So distinct this was the marker used by dealers to determine if the yoke was defective. Sadly this was not a good enough indicator especially on a brand new car in 97. Your 95 would not have the updated part new as it didn't exist yet. If you're not showing that straight line I would say you're probably fine. If it worries you that much at least seal up the tail end yourself. The recall is long gone and dealers will not cover it as they don't have to. I was told they didn't recall all the cars and flat out replace them because there were two machines producing the part and only one of them were bad so mitsubishi had no way of telling which cars had defective parts and which didn't. As such they were to do an inspection and subsequent repairs depending on what they found. I was one of those 97 cars there were inspected likely with the car having 5k miles or less so it didn't leak. I have since replaced the yoke on my own.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back