The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Yet another issue with the clutch.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jerrylarsen

Proven Member
Nov 23, 2014
arvada, Colorado
So, I had got an exhaust in a trade, complete turbo back, pretty nice in good shape, so I put it on, everything went smoothly until I tried to start my car. I went to press the clutch and it went straight to the floor no feeling what so ever. Nothing had touched the slave cylinder or lines. So.. Any clue what happened? Or what I should do? I'm going to try and bleed it tomorrow see if maybe some air was sitting somewhere or something.. Also, does anyone have a picture of where their clutch fork sits without the clutch depressed?

You can look on youtube for Jaffromobile. Shows how to adjust the clutch and I think it shows where the fork sits. Should be slightly past 1/2 toward the drivers side. Wierd that it happened just after throwing the exhaust on. When mine did that it was leaking out the back of the master cylinder.

I have the petal properly adjusted but I'll look for the video as well, I can't see any fluid leaks anywhere and the reservoir is still full

Puzzling, a worn pivot ball shouldn't cause you to lose pressure. A few years back I broke one of the forks off of the pivot arm and still had pressure, just couldn't get the clutch to release.

Strange, mine appears fine but the fork does seem to be a bit too far to the left (passenger side)

Bled the clutch, got pressure again but something in the Tranny goes too far and drags with the clutch pressed to the floor, I have to shift at 3/4 down

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back