The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

Yet another insurance "total loss" question

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PlanZero

Proven Member
Aug 13, 2013
Easton, Pennsylvania
I plan on contacting the insurance company on Monday but I'm just looking for some input in the meantime. I forgot to ask this question to the rep on Friday as we got sidetracked in our conversation.

Two days before I planned on putting my Spyder up for sale (we no longer need the extra car) someone backed into it at a drive through. Damage was pretty minimal. Needs a hood, the bumper cover is scuffed but not bent or cracked and the rad support bent back and is just touching the rad, but easily fixable. I planned on putting the hood from my Tsi on and upgrading the Tsi to a cf seibon hood with the check.
I only have liability on my cars, so the other guy's company adjuster came out and they declared a total loss because of the cost of repairs exceeding the cost of the vehicle. The insurance rep told me this over the phone, then said "I could do whatever I want with the vehicle", said he'd send a check, and made no mention of surrendering title, keys, etc.

So obviously my question is will I have a problem when I sell the car? In PA you have to sign the title over at the notary, who sends it off to Harrisburg and then a few weeks later you get a new updated title in the mail. I don't want someone to get screwed if/when the title comes back as totalled. I had planned on buying the car back from the insurance company and getting a reconstructed or salvage title if this happened, but the insurance guy said I could do whatever I want with the car so I'm a little confused. I immediately emailed him after our conversation but he has yet to reply.
Thanks in advance for any insight.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back