The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Yet another CW thread...

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

soontobegst

Probationary Member
Jan 17, 2005
Duvall, Washington
Ok, so my interest in dsm gst's has now been killed. The threat of a crankwalk does not sound pleasing to me. How often does it happen? Based on reviews and threads here, it sounds like it happens to everyone. If say only 10,000 gsts were ever produced, how many do u think would see crankwalkin? And also, can someone explain how holding the clutch in affects the crankshaft and possibly leading to crank walking?

its jsut a scare! the CW isnt as bad as people say it to be, there just tryin to say that the 6 bolt is better than the 7 bolt. if its stock with air intake and exhaust and upgraded turbo ul be fine.

Calm down, it doesnt happen to everyone, again im posting at 125,000 miles to tell someone that my car has a good crank on it. Just get the thrust bearing and crankshaft endplay checked by your mechanic before you buy it, hell you oughtta be getting any car you are going to buy checked out by a mechanic anyhow. Me and a few friends have dsms and no problems with the crankshaft yet.

I have 122k on my car and now crankwalk. It doesn't happen to everyone, so don't freak out.

soontobegst said:
can someone explain how holding the clutch in affects the crankshaft and possibly leading to crank walking?

The whole time you're holding that clutch down you're pulling on the crank.
The stiffer pressure plate you run the more force you're pulling with.
I'm at almost 120k on a B16G @20lbs w/a 2600 and I'm fine.

Just do a search if you're worried about cwalk. There's probly 1,000 threads
on this topic.

soontobegst said:
Ok, so my interest in dsm gst's has now been killed. The threat of a crankwalk does not sound pleasing to me.

You might be a noob if...

... your interest in dsms is killed by the threat of crankwalk!

Dont take it too serioulsly, most people on here will agree that it is overblown. (of course, now that we told you that you'll not have to worry about cw, you may want to knock on wood. :p )

If your super parinoid, check your clearances. Or have someone do it for you.

-Jerad :dsm:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back