The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

2G Yet ANOTHER clutch thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oneslowwdsm

10+ Year Contributor
Mar 30, 2009
Spring, Texas
So since my ACT disk stripped, I'm looking into a new clutch. I currently have a good Competition Clutch flywheel in the car and overall I've been pretty satisfied with it and it still has plenty of life. I'd like to stay with the same brand and get a Competition Clutch 6 puck sprung disk and pressure plate.

http://www.extremepsi.com/store/product.php?productid=25342&cat=1840&page=1

I daily drive my 2g and I feel like this is the best bang for the buck however in terms of reliability, I'm not sure. Anyone running a CC setup care to weigh in?

I would strongly recommend their Stage 3 5048-2600 kit with the 2700# pressure plate and full-face sprung-hub ceramic friction material clutch disk. It is the best of their single disk kits for our application.

I also carry Competition Clutch products and stock that specific clutch.

I would strongly recommend their Stage 3 5048-2600 kit with the 2700# pressure plate and full-face sprung-hub ceramic friction material clutch disk. It is the best of their single disk kits for our application.

I also carry Competition Clutch products and stock that specific clutch.
Agree'd. this is a great clutch from what I am hearing. smooth engagement and plenty of capacity.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back