The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Yesterday was not a good one for me and DSMs

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Libila

20+ Year Contributor
Oct 13, 2002
Carson City, Nevada
My car has been running on three cylinders so I put her up for a week and replaced all the basic stuff like plugs, wires, and coil packs. It didnt do much so I took the car to the dealer and had them run a diagnostic. Sure enough my valves got burnt up in the #2 cylinder. So now Im out a car.

To make things even worse my friend Nick and I tried to install an Evo 16G on his AWD convertable Eclipse with no such luck. We didnt have a 1g style oil return line so its still in my garage just waiting for more power and fuel cut.

How depressing can a day get for DSM's?

Stock boost. Now I have an excuse to buid that 6 bolt I wanted.

all of a sudden burned up some valveS?????? something is DEFENTLY not right.

Yea I know, now. I might try and sell the car as is or Ill buy another car to get me around in till I can save up enough to build the motor.

Ive been getting lots of PM's on the car since I wrote this. Ill sell the car with the spare 6 bolt motor to the first person that shows me $3,500. That is all...

It's a couple of valves. No biggie. Pull the head and have it rebuilt. Plop it back on and be done with it. You may actually learn something. :)

Too many people give up on DSMs over small things. Find yourself a nice hooptie to roll around in till you fix the DSM. My friend has a sweet 85 Mitsu Mirage... that thing must have at least 50hp... Cost him like $500 I think, gonna set that joint on dubs... :)

Im buying a 88 civic tomarrow. The guy Im buying it from is my friends dad, and he is the original owner. I really want a galant though, thats the only reason Im thinking of selling my 2g. I dont know, Ill figure it out.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back