The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Yes or no!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Its much harder to take care or a flat or semi-flat paint job. I was going to have my car painted "Hot rod black". After many hours of reading I decided it wasent the best for a DD car. Now if you are putting that color on a show or drag car that dosent seem many miles then go for it.. Would look sick tho!

I personally don't think it would work on a 2gb eclipse if it didn't have body kit that made it work. Plus it would have to be spotless all the time. Dust would show up way to well. I am bias against flat black paint though.

It just looks like the car wasn't painted properly, this look only really works on a select few cars.

I have to agree flat black looks like some one could not decide on the color and left it in primmer. Now that blue looks good. But care for a flat or semi gloss car would be a pit as you would not want to wax it.

I have to say the only good looking part of that Nissan is the carbon fiber turbo vent looks like the same one we use. That wide body looks like crap with them not carrying the new body lines over to the door. And yellow head lights yuck!

All those kits look stupid . The flat black is a sick look, but I agree its only for select cars. The 2g Talon/Eclipse is too old to pull off the look. There are too many Talon/Eclipses around in beat up condition, that if you car was painted a flat color, then it would just look like you couldn't afford to paint over the primer.

That color would be a huge cop magnet.

It looks pretty decent though.

None of you have obviously seen a quality matte/satin paint/vinyl job.. There is no confusing them with an unfinished primered POS. It is beautiful and brings out the cars lines better than anything else. As long as your car has the body to pull it off, it works. 2G DSMs don't have the looks to pull it off IMHO

I'm sure you guys have seen the flat black/gloss lotus that came out about a year ago. Looks awesome.

Attachments

• flat black lotus.jpg
    flat black lotus.jpg
    2.5 KB · Views: 221
do it! i have seen plenty here at the shootout like that, and they look sick! but as someone mentioned above, it is hard to maintain a satin paint job....especially black

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back