The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

YERFDOG'S 1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oh shit! I do remember LOL. Yours is way cleaner than mine by far. Surface rust has taken over the underneath unfortunately. But I'm replacing everything slowly but surely!

Oh sh**! I do remember LOL. Yours is way cleaner than mine by far. Surface rust has taken over the underneath unfortunately. But I'm replacing everything slowly but surely!

Yeah, luckily mine has spent its whole life on the salt-free west coast! I also follow you on Instagram, I have a white Jeep also! LOL JEEP/Mitsubishi combo for the win!
IMG_8506.JPG

UPDATE 4/29/2018
So I removed the exhaust manifold to install a coated FP manifold and heatshield and halfway through having everything off, I decided to order a Megan Racing O2 housing to compliment the downpipe and manifold. Probably overkill for the T25, but I'm not planning on upgrading at this time. I'm still undecided about which route to go (T28, EVOIII 16G). I also painted the lower heat shield black to clean it up. I still need to paint my brake/clutch reservoir caps, dipstick handle, and coolant reservoir. I may order a different coolant reservoir though, not too sure yet.

To-Be Installed:
RM Racing Sway Bars
Sway Bar End Links
New Under-hood Insulator & Clips

Waiting to be delivered:
FEAL 441 Coilovers

IMG_8897.jpg

IMG_8898.jpg

IMG_8900.jpg

IMG_8899.jpg

IMG_8904.jpg

IMG_8905.jpg

IMG_8916.jpg

IMG_8921.jpg

IMG_8922.jpg

IMG_8924.jpg

IMG_8923.jpg

UPDATE 5/4/2018
I painted a few engine bay items (coolant reservoir, brake/clutch fluid caps, oil dipstick handle, and the underhood insulator clips). I also cleaned the underside of the hood, and installed a BRAND NEW insulator! Looks great! My coilovers arrived so I'll need to make some time to get those installed. My list of "Need to Install" items has grown so I have some work to do :thumb:.

Need to Install:
Feal 441 Coilovers
RM Racing Sway Bars
eBay Front Lip (Installed 5/5/18)
DCP Polished Reservoir Brackets (Installed 5/5/18)
Frontline Fab Dipstick Handle
Sunroof Wind Deflector

Need to Order:
STM Rear Camber Kit

IMG_8929.jpg

IMG_8932.jpg

IMG_8930.jpg

IMG_8931.jpg

IMG_8933.jpg

Last edited:
UPDATE 5/5/2018
Lets update this again!! Today I installed the eBay front lip. I like it. We'll see how long it lasts on there though, especially once I install the coilovers. I also finally installed the DCP brake and clutch fluid reservoirs that I ordered a long time ago. They go great with the polished theme I have going in the engine bay. I then removed the hood prop since I don't need it anymore with the struts. And a car wash to be squeaky clean for Cars & Coffee tomorrow. ;)

IMG_8934.jpg

IMG_8936.jpg

IMG_8937.jpg

IMG_8938.jpg

IMG_8939.jpg

IMG_8940.jpg

IMG_8941.jpg

IMG_8942.jpg

IMG_8944.jpg

IMG_8945.jpg

IMG_8946.jpg

IMG_8947.jpg

IMG_8948.jpg

Cars & Coffee May 2018

I didn't take any pics unfortunately, but I stole these from my buddy's Instagram story! The GSX brought a lot of attention which was awesome.
IMG_8950.jpg

IMG_8949.png

Last edited:
UPDATE 5/5/2018
Lets update this again!! Today I installed the eBay front lip. I like it. We'll see how long it lasts on there though, especially once I install the coilovers. I also finally installed the DCP brake and clutch fluid reservoirs that I ordered a long time ago. They go great with the polished theme I have going in the engine bay.

Any tricks to the brakets? Cant open em up enough without disconnecting the lines and bleeding everything from what I can tell. A bit inconvenient if it aint broke dont wana mess with it and get air in there...

UPDATE 5/4/2018
I painted a few engine bay items (coolant reservoir, brake/clutch fluid caps, oil dipstick handle, and the underhood insulator clips). I also cleaned the underside of the hood, and installed a BRAND NEW insulator! Looks great! My coilovers arrived so I'll need to make some time to get those installed. My list of "Need to Install" items has grown so I have some work to do :thumb:.

View attachment 541305

Man where did you find that?

UPDATE 7/5/2018
Feal 441 coil-overs and RM Racing sway bars are now installed! The car has never driven so well! WOW! What a difference. I also took some pictures of the Eclipse with my Jeep (before the coil-over install).

Screen_Shot_2018_05_31_at_2_26_12_PM_2.png

IMG_9036.jpg

IMG_9038.jpg

IMG_9040.jpg

IMG_9095.jpg

IMG_9096.jpg

IMG_9097.jpg

IMG_9098.jpg

IMG_9099.jpg

IMG_9102.jpg

Last edited:
UPDATE 7/10/2018
A couple more pictures of the car! I also got a pic of the Frontline Fab oil dipstick. :cool:

IMG_9110.jpg

IMG_9111.jpg

IMG_9116.jpg

UPDATE 5/4/2018

Need to Install:
Feal 441 Coilovers

View attachment 541308

I see on Feal's website that they have those shock covers as an option to buy. It looks like you didn't get those. Is there really a benefit to them?

Beautiful car by the way!

I see on Feal's website that they have those shock covers as an option to buy. It looks like you didn't get those. Is there really a benefit to them?

Beautiful car by the way!

Thank you! :thumb: As for the shock covers, I didn't get them. I think they just help keep out dust and debris from the shock. :idontknow:

UPDATE 10/9/2018
I haven't done a whole lot to the Eclipse the past few months... But, ever since I've owned the car my rear bumper never sat flush with the quarter panels so I took it off, and refit it. What a job that is... -_- LOL I also installed a black non-powered antenna, a sunroof deflector and did an oil change. :thumb: Also got another pic from Cars & Coffee October 2018!

IMG_9158.jpg

IMG_9182.jpg

IMG_9180.jpg

IMG_9179.jpg

IMG_9263.jpg

IMG_9261.jpg

IMG_9265.jpg

IMG_9264.jpg

Screen_Shot_2018_10_08_at_10_08_58_PM.png

UPDATE 10/26/2018
Went for a little night cruise and took some pictures in a nicely lit parking garage. iPhone pictures...:boring: Wish I had a better camera. :ohdamn:

IMG-9316.jpg

IMG-9317.jpg

IMG-9318.jpg

IMG-9320.jpg

IMG-9321.jpg

IMG-9322.jpg

IMG-9323.jpg

IMG-9324.jpg

IMG-9326.jpg

IMG-9327.jpg

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back