The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

yamaha R6 trade for toyota MR2

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dsmcurse

10+ Year Contributor
Aug 14, 2009
Pasco, Washington
Well guys, since I often turn to this forum for addvise and opinions I thought I'd post what it is I got shakin down tomorrow morning. I'm trading my 2005 yamaha R6 fuel injected crotch rocket (that I bought brand new and now currently has 20xxx miles) for 1992 SW20 toyota MR2.

This mr2 is a non turbo but has a 2.2L jdm replacement motor. The mr2 has tein lower springs, new clutch, JDM tail lights, a turbo bonnet (rear hood), quick release steering wheel, kenwood cd/mp3 and a pair of matching aftermarket seats.

My yamadog R6 has clean title, truly never been wrecked (major important when talkin bikes), K&N filter, intergrated tails, flushy front blinkers, frame sliders, new piolt power bubber, modified yamaha levers and modified yamaha sports exhaust.

My bike is what yamaha dubbed the "raven edition". Its all black from the factory. A two tone type of black sceme. Gloss black on flat black. The car is a white mr2 with black dash and interior.

I'm in lewiston Idaho and this cat is like a hour out of portland Oregon. I got this guy talked into meeting me half way. Its gonna suck cause its november and I'm gonna have to ride my harley like 3hrs to do this deal.

Thought I'd ask the eclipse comunity what you guys think of my trade I have lined up?

Nothing is forever, as far as that bike goes ya know? I bought it brand new in 05. I've had my enjoyment of it. Now I can get this toyota as a new toy.

Who knows? Maybe someday I pull the six bolt outa my gsx and throw it in the back of this mr2 linked to a gst tranny and rock a "toyotabishi" and have about 600mid engine HP....

Put the 6 bolt in the R6. I have an 09 R6 and I love it.

@JusMX141-move it to the hang out don't close it, that'd a little douche'y in my opinion.

I dunno man that's a great deal in my opinion, r6 is worth what roughly?.....5-6k the mr2 is worth a little more. But at the same time your loosing out on the best part of the bike world. But I'd say trade it, you have a harley so you'd just be missing the speed and cornering fun of a sport bike.
Any pics of the MR2 you could post? then we'd really know if its a good deal.

What the hell does this have to do with DSM Tech?

Moved to Hangout. :thumb:

right on! thanx JusMX141 :hellyeah:

The MR2 will be a very fun little track/AutoX car.

And it does sound like your ready for a new toy and may have outgrown the bike.

Id go for it.

PICS OF BOTH!!!!

Why you would do all of those mods to a R6 and not have a PCIII is beyond me, but I wouldn't trade. I love my fazer, btw I need your cams!! ;)

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back