The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

Ya might wanna put those parts back on ya car G...

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fullmoon

15+ Year Contributor
Aug 15, 2005
Los Angeles, California
I knew it would happen soon but not this soon! Now I gotta put my stock header back on :sosad:

They could in fact they could kill 2 birds with one stone speeding and smog!

I hope they don't come out with a Carbon Fiber detector ### I'm gonna have a lot of it if I keep this slow polk, screw this motor mod s**t! :D

You can run but you can't hide G you can't hide!!! Muuuuhahahahaha!!!!!! :tease:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20485575/

It says they arent going to fine you but instead give you money to get it fixed. I'd leave the new header on and get a grand to buy new parts.

It says they arent going to fine you but instead give you money to get it fixed. I'd leave the new header on and get a grand to buy new parts.

Not a bad idea but I'm sure there's a hook in it somewhere, If I could get away with it I'd buy a bunch of clunkers and drive by that box wide open 1st gear and fill my pockets that way with a big ol sign on the back with my address on it to boot :D

I'm sure they will turn reverse the cash flow soon :notgood:

Just don't have a front plate duh!

and the money to fix it has been around for years, everytime you fail smog they offer 500 bucks to fix it from the state, but people don't know about this stuff, mostly because the smog place doesn't tell.

Just don't have a front plate duh!

and the money to fix it has been around for years, everytime you fail smog they offer 500 bucks to fix it from the state, but people don't know about this stuff, mostly because the smog place doesn't tell.

but your car has to meet their requirments...

what another way for the state to make money, i think that this idea is a bunch of bs,

but your car has to meet their requirments...

The State is not just gonna mail you a check for 500. they pay the shop. We has Tuners know we are not gonna pass smog. You'd have to be stock either way, or you wont even pass visual

The State is not just gonna mail you a check for 500. they pay the shop. We has Tuners know we are not gonna pass smog. You'd have to be stock either way, or you wont even pass visual

Stock? I have been told that CARB is good as stock therfore if you have an issue another part has to be the culpret so they still gotta give ya the cash, right???
If I am wrong sorry. :coy:

they dont make many CARB legal parts for our cars. i could count them on one hand. GReddy 18G, K&N FIPK, and maybe some others i cant remember.

My car passed just the way it is now. Visual and all. And it runs rich as a mother all the time so it was indeed a miracle. This was all done like a week before I bought the car so it hasn't been changed since.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back