The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

ya i fit 20" rims on my eclipse

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davidmoise18

10+ Year Contributor
Jun 15, 2009
lynwood, Washington
Ok so plain and simple i got a killer deal on some 20" rims so i grabbed them before anybody else did. so i started doing some research to see if 20"rims would even fit on my eclipse but instead i found a crap load of haters whenever someone even brought up the idea of putting 20" on they begun to immediately shot down the idea and not even help the person out with some info. so i said to myself haters going to hate so ill make it happen. So 5mm spacers and some grinding later this is my car with 20" by 245 PS. my front bumper is hella meast up because i USE to be slammed LOL
p.s. you will need some coil overs im not sure if stock will give you the clearance needed to fit the rims
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Last edited by a moderator:
This makes my head hurt because it doesn't look bad.

I used to work at a Rim shop in Milwaukee.

Well...enough said.

Props for being different.

I hate to be a buzzkill but I've seen 20's on a 2g before. But it does look quite good I must say! I really dig the black/white for some reason.

Wow...I opened up this thread expecting a complete fail...

But like others have already mentioned...it actually looks nice!

Well done.

ya i srry for the late reply my peeps and thanks for the compliments i did a lilbit of grinding on the spindle(where the hub connects) because in all reality they are 2 big but nothing major and if you really wanted them to fit well you would want to stretch the fenders just a tad but the whole reason i did it was to help my peeps out that where curios

97GSeX I would stick with 19 not because of height but because of width it will just be easier to deal with you will need the spacers and do some grinding unless they are smaller then 245 BUT IN THE END ITS UP TO YOU BRO AND WHAT YOU WANT

Not at all what I expected to see.
I expected some terrible 60lb terribly designed 20's.

Not my style. But I cant say it looks bad.

ya the main reason actually the only reason is because the rubbers where getting chewed up from the fenders, and i did not want to roll my fenders to make them fit it would be easier to just get 18s and look just as nice but if you want to fit 20s you need to roll your fenders unless its a show car.

That's kinda what i figured on the 20's, but then again i already run 19x8's in the front, and 19x10.5" in the rear, on a staggered setup.

I was able to match tire OD to within .2" of stock OD, so I only had to roll the fronts, and pull/roll the rears.

nope, but then again i haven't installed the system, or had people in the back.

it only has a 1.5" drop. I'm switching up to some nice coilovers after tax time.

pot head: LOL so far you are the only one but don't worry there is a lot people that wont like it but its cool because beauty is in the eye of the beholder

4g63: dude if you are getting coils dont go cheap i have tien super streets and i get compliments on them all the time on how smooth they are for coils

pot head: LOL so far you are the only one but don't worry there is a lot people that wont like it but its cool because beauty is in the eye of the beholder

4g63: dude if you are getting coils dont go cheap i have tien super streets and i get compliments on them all the time on how smooth they are for coils
Nope, not going cheap, I have a budget of $1600.00 set aside for Coilovers, I was already considering the Tien Flex setup with Upper Mounts so can dial in my Camber at will.

Honestly bro if your not racing or hauling behind around curves daily teins are a little much for just basic street apps and any adjustable coil will be a huge improvement from factory with noticable handeling and response and road feel plus you would have few hundred buck to buy mre mods that's just my opinion

wow i gotta admit i like em they look really awesome and look like they fit pretty well i have 18's but my car sits to high im thinking of lowering it but idk how much i should lower it any recomendations? 2 inches or what?

Honestly bro if your not racing or hauling behind around curves daily teins are a little much for just basic street apps and any adjustable coil will be a huge improvement from factory with noticable handeling and response and road feel plus you would have few hundred buck to buy mre mods that's just my opinion

I'm already running Kyb AGX's, and Sprints, and to me the Tiens are worth it. I won't be tearing up anything rolling on 19's, but they do offer the adjustability I'm looking for, and they can be overhauled.

As for future mods, I'm keeping the car at a respectable 300-325hp range, and not looking to upgrade anymore, after taxes this year my Budget is sitting at 5k, so DSMLink, coilovers, and seats, along with Misc items, are all that's left. That and i'm looking for a spare engine, and trans to rebuild, and shelf away. for me it's more of the build. I honestly love looking at it just sitting in the garage, it's beautiful, and most probably the last project i'll undertake.

Whatever I still have my 1960 VW beetle on bags to work on, and a full restoration of my dad's 1974 honda 550 four.

Nope, not going cheap, I have a budget of $1600.00 set aside for Coilovers, I was already considering the Tien Flex setup with Upper Mounts so can dial in my Camber at will.
dud thats sick i wish i had that it would have been super handy with these rims

wow i gotta admit i like em they look really awesome and look like they fit pretty well i have 18's but my car sits to high im thinking of lowering it but idk how much i should lower it any recomendations? 2 inches or what?
to be honest i personally never had my car stock height so i wouldn't know but just buy some nice coils and lower your car how ever much you prefer.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back