The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

xtd stage 1 clutch

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Did a clutch job almost 500 miles ago (478 currently to be exact). Got an xtd stage 1clutch off eBay for $185 shipped. This particular clutch is the modular design and came with a new throwout bearing. My throwout bearing is what went bad to begin with I just figured I had it apart I'd go ahead and do the clutch as well since two people have learned to drive a stick on the clutch that was in the car. ( previous owner and my wife.) Anyway, so far so good. I went ahead and used the throwout bearing that came with the clutch despite reading alot of "use only OEM" replies in other threads. It was hard to compare since my throwout bearing came out in several pieces but the one that came with the new clutch looked pretty solid tome. Overall install was fairly easy, fun in my opinion as I love wrenching on cars, and while I had it apart I did new tranny seals, new fluid and aluminum shift bushings. As of now the clutch still feels real good, shifts smooth with no noises. Haven't really laid into it yet as I'm not quite at 500 miles. Ill have that updated shortly. Overall at this point I'm pleased with my purchase and would recommend xtd to anyone.

Long overdue update guys. Almost 1100 miles later and clutch and throwout bearing are both still going strong. Have done some speed shifts and power shifts just to kinda torment it a bit and it handled it all no problem. Still shifts smooth and feels great.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back