The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Xbox or PS?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JosephSMendez

Proven Member
Jan 3, 2021
Lyndhurst, New_Jersey
Which system do you guys prefer and why? Which games do you like to play the most?

My choice would be the PlayStation 3... When I bought my bedroom set I was given a PS3 as a gift . ( the bedroom set was five grand so a PS3 for free was decent )
I like the first person shooter games... My best by far ..... Assassins Creed. .... I have played every release except for the last two because they are on the PS4 ...
I also like Need For Speed Underground and if you watch this movie clip you will see why....

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I don't play much but my youngest son modifies them to do more than they ever were meant to do. I sent him to trade school and he is a dam good mechanic and fabricator but when our house got hit by lightning this last year, it got his Xbox and he had a lot of stuff on it. Since I have an EE and a Programming degree, I told him we could try to salvage it by putting a new power supply board in it (which fixed it) and that peaked his interest in the electronics world I guess because since then, he has bought several older units, modded them or repaired them (yesterday it was a new laser for one of them that wouldn't read a disk) and resells them as modded units. I have to say I am very proud of him and never knew (nor did he) that he would ever have an interest in the things I went to college for. So......I am an Xbox'er.

Been playstation my whole life for most part never had a major issue with the system ny brother was a Xbox fanatic but he gets on my playstation whenever he gets a chance to come to my house and tells me something about the controllers and graphics he just likes playstation better for. Have to be careful as some games are console specific but my money will be going to a ps5 and ill give my kids my ps4 bought 2 when they first came out and still are running strong to this day

I've always been in the Microsoft camp historically but this generation of consoles is pretty unenticing for a few reasons.
  • Microsoft is doing cross-platform Windows/XBOX releases so there's no reason to get an XBOX if you own a copy of Windows.
  • Steve Burke showed that a $500 four year old midrange gaming PC will outperform the current consoles in the most popular recent games, so you might as well go PC if cost/performance is what you're after.
  • I hope that this changes, but the current crop of current gen games are completely unoptimized for the hardware and lack the smoothness and consistency that people expect from consoles. When you can get a smoother experience from a low end computer running the same game, something is wrong. And I don't mean graphical quality. I mean framerate dips, input lag, artifacting, bizarre antialiasing glitches, etc.
  • XBOX exclusives are available on PC. Playstation's list of exclusives has thinned in recent years. Nintendo is........not part of this conversation. My point is that while console exclusives have been a significant selling point historically, it's a pretty weak argument at the moment.
  • If we got another console that would mean moving the N64 out of the living room and I will not stand for this blasphemy!
  • My household of two people has three gaming PCs, set up for 1080p, 2K, and 4K/VR gaming respectively.
  • Cyberpunk L O L (please stop replacing with emojis). Plays perfectly on PC but CDPR really screwed over everyone else.
The PS5 is hideous and I loathe the controller layout, but I am very intrigued by the adaptive triggers. The husband says that he'll be going PS5 just as soon as a game gets released that's worth buying.

Last edited:
That's like asking "Iphone or Android". Or "Subaru or Mitsubishi". The answer will vary for everyone.

I'm personally not big into the gaming world. But I do have a PS4 and it's fun to make a party and play with my friends on Saturday night if there's not a car meet.

I don't generally have much, if any, time to enjoy video games, but am a solid XBOX owner. It gets much more use as a media player (streaming/native 4k player). My fiancé and I do enjoy the Borderlands series in co-op when we get a chance to play.

When our state went into lock-down, HPDE and RallyCross events were cencelled. A few of us created a group to enjoy some form of competition virtually to try to fill the void. We found DiRT and DiRT 2.0 to be pretty competitive. You can change settings to maintain an even playing field. Building a rig makes the game quite a bit more immersive. We still have weekly events.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Last edited:
I started off with Snes 16 bit but I always had Genesis, Nintendo 8 bit, Atari I played once or twice because my cousin had one, the all time goat were Dreamcast, N64 then I got a PS1 and played Ridge Racer until the system overheated. Both PS and Xbox are awesome I think PS is for people who like solo gaming and Xbox is more social to get on with your friends and just have a good time working as a unit the multiplayer system seems more put together. It would be cool if PS5 could play vs Xbox Series X then we would really know which is the better system.

I LOVE your chair Nate!!!!ROFL
Very ingenious.......:thumb:

I LOVE your chair Nate!!!!ROFL
Very ingenious.......:thumb:

Pay no mind to how the seat is mounted. I made the rig so it could be disassembled into 3 parts. I borrowed the seat from the RallyCross project car. We have been using a Mini over the last year while the new car is being built. I measured the distance/angle from the pedals/wheel so it feels more natural. Considering it's made from PVC, it's actually pretty sturdy. Just doesn't look very pretty. Function over form.

Last edited:
Hey I wasn't KNOCKING it, I kinda liked it. Portable, light, easy to tear down. Really was meaning I liked it. I'm gonna show my son!

Hey I wasn't KNOCKING it, I kinda liked it. Portable, light, easy to tear down. Really was meaning I liked it. I'm gonna show my son!

No worries, I didn't take it as a knock. Feel free to reach out if you want details Marty.

Will do :thumb::thumb::thumb:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back