The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

Wtf is this?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Colossus

15+ Year Contributor
Jun 23, 2003
Crestview, Florida
In the below picture, they claim that glare or w/e is an intake backfire. Wtf?

I don't see how this can be, since in order to have the engine running, there would have to be air flowing into the motor to have the combustion, so how could air be flowing backwards outside of the intake? What could cause it to ignite on the outside of the filter, the only things that could cause a fume to ignite would have to be inside of the intake manifold or something, and be flowing back outside of the intake..through the intake, into the air. So, how can this be?

I think it's just a wack ass glare?

BTW, Don't ask why my dumb ass friends were riding around without hoods on. Ricerness speed increases.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Originally posted by Colossus

I think it's just a wack ass glare?

BTW, Don't ask why my dumb ass friends were riding around without hoods on. Ricerness speed increases.

No, You know it's a wack ass glare. Your explaination of how it couldn't be, are exactly my feelings too.

That's no glare... that a baby Meteor:laugh::thumb:

RomEo:talon:

It's a glare. Now if you want to hear something funny ask him how in the hell you got enough fuel in your INTAKE section of the car to get backfire through it... Hell... .ask him where the dam spark that ignited the backfire came from. LOL

Hes funny.
*moved to hangout*

Originally posted by DCsGST
UFO!

ROFL, That engine is so damn hot you even have UFO's checkin it out !

p.s
did anyone else notice that ugly a$$ wing on that green car ahead :barf:

Originally posted by dsm4life

p.s
did anyone else notice that ugly a$$ wing on that green car ahead :barf:

You mean the one that looks like its in super pursuit mode? That wing came from a glider.

Originally posted by Colossus
In the below picture, they claim that glare or w/e is an intake backfire. Wtf?

I don't see how this can be, since in order to have the engine running, there would have to be air flowing into the motor to have the combustion, so how could air be flowing backwards outside of the intake? What could cause it to ignite on the outside of the filter, the only things that could cause a fume to ignite would have to be inside of the intake manifold or something, and be flowing back outside of the intake..through the intake, into the air. So, how can this be?
QUOTE]

An event like this could happen depending on valve timing. It is called reversion. In this case it would have to be intake reversion seeing as it looks like the charge is ignitied out of the air filter?? Basically this occurs when the intake valve opens early (cylinder pressure greater than intake pressure, pressure flows from high to low), and some exhuast/charge gasses flow into the intake manifold/port.

It looks like a blur to me, but don't doubt yourself, stuff like this can happen.

Originally posted by RiceKiller_TSi
I gotta call smeared booger on that one.

Radioactive, no less... :laugh:

questions, why is your hood off? You can get in trouble with the man for that.

Originally posted by ITSME4G63
questions, why is your hood off? You can get in trouble with the man for that.

Actually here in VA you're aloud to drive without a hood... My friend and I hit up a local chill spot one night with the hood off... I called the Cummnications(911) and asked if it was legal, they said yes. On the way to the chill spot we pulled over to check everything out and a cop pulled up behind us... He called it in to see if it was really legal... but ya it was a fun night.

RomEo:talon:

BTW: BOV is a LITTLE louder without a hood on... its a lot easier to scare baby ducks, small children and the occasional elephants found wondering in the woods:thumb:

Show that guy who said it was backfire this pic:

Attachments

• bunny1.jpg
    bunny1.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 203
Originally posted by PogiTSI
In BTL
Everyone thank this post for the lock. Read the rules, people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back