The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Wtf, am i dreaming, what Kind of manifold and gate is this?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anyone have a link to that XS Power turbo that split in half at the comp housing?

For those who say that we shouldnt judge unless we have had one on our own car, I say no way. Look at all the bad press this place has had. It doesnt take a genious to see that they are crap. This isnt just one or two things here and there it is alot of people not just having little things go wrong, but a few people having turbos literally break in half.

The second argument about it lasting half the time for half the money is dumb also. Who wants to be spending 300.00 to put it on, have it crack or break, then go and buy another POS and spend all that time swapping a POS for a POS. You may save a few bucks if you only buy two, but you spent all this time and energy to swap them out. I would rather drive then wrench.

Do it right do it once.

Excellent link. It really made me laugh. Those supports were very fishy. Anyone can tell from looking at it that it's garbage. The downpipe's weight loves to crack tubular exhaust manifolds. I'm waiting until my South Florida Performance goes south.

DSMJim said:
Word they are awesome I'd buy one too! :thumb:
Check out this one for proof. Click

yet were talking about a completly diffrent product by a diffrent company. that has already been established. as far as the dp weight takeing care of the ss mani a majority of dp's have the peice so you can bolt to the block for support.

i think that there are too many people who accually have this product saying its not a bad product ect.. and there are too many people who have never seen it sayin its a pos. we all take a gamble when buying parts. ive gotten parts from vendors on this board and went WTF is this POS. when i paid out my A$$ for it.

just my .02

if i aint mistaken obx and ssautocrhome are the same as in one.... but dont yell at me over it cuz thats just what ive read before.... and my thoughts exactly do it once do it right....

ryan

:laser:

Anyone who buys this after lookin at the link to that webpage should sell they're car and pick up a cheaper hobby

A local MN person bought a ss autochrome one and it was a POS. It cracked and was rewelded a few times and is now not fixable. Good luck for the stingy people buying them... :rolleyes:

The Foos said:
Sorry guys. The tubular steel manifolds look nice, but you just can't beat cast iron for exhaust manifolds. I know I sound like cast iron advocate #1 today, but cast iron and turbos go so well together. For an exhaust manifold app, CI has great thermal capacity, toughness, and fatigue strength. A tubular manifold will never match a cast iron manifold in performance (I am strickly speaking of turbo cars here, N/A apps are a totally different story)

Scott

Oh, so that's why race cars use tubular headers. :laugh:

Had one on my car, it sucked. Wastegates are alright, I pulled mine apart and all the bolts were lose, so if you get a gate pull it apart and retighten everything down.

OBX is Meng is SSautochrome is Stone Racing is XSpower

They are one in the same, the manifolds are all exactly the same.

Here's a Honda manifold by OBX/SSAutoChrome:

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

and the turbo's they sell:

And the original thread:

http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1097918

My 2psi. Pictures don't lie.

bluegs-t said:
My friend is running the ssautochrome manifold and has had nothing but good to say about it. I also have one not bad quality at all. Sometimes I wonder where people get their information from. Certainly they don't run one and get their info on what others say. For the price why not try it.

sorry to bring this thread back alive, but..... this is straight wierd. i was checking my last few posts to see if anything was good, and somehow i posted this. i think that i was logged in on a buddy's computer and he posted some dumb ****. he got me pretty good!

anyway, i don't run one, never have, and never will. sorry again about bringing it back up. i don't want any users thinking i'm a dumb-ass for posting some dumb ****. back to your regularly scheduled forum...

All i know if I give 300 dollars for a piece of ass manifold and complain and have them call me retardo/mommas boy /biatch i shouldn't be buying anything at all.

what the #### do they do! glue half the compressor housign together?!@!! WTF!!!

Plus , thats no way to deal with customers, by insulting them. WHo did you exactly order form again?

these are the kinda parts you buy for show/bragging, not to actually go fast.

I wouldn't purchase a bolt from ssAuto Chrome. I have installed 2 of their turbo kits on customers cars and one lasted 1 week and the other lasted 3 days. They sell cheap stuff...CRAP!

ITSME4G63 said:
what the #### do they do! glue half the compressor housign together?!@!! WTF!!!

Plus , thats no way to deal with customers, by insulting them. WHo did you exactly order form again?

I said the same thing as soon as I saw that pic( OMG holy sh*t!! OMG ) I was going to post what you said. It looks like Elmers wood glue or something!! :laugh: Ok, maybe epoxy or JB weld!! :barf:

DONT BE CHEAP!!! You guys are kidding me right? When it comes to car parts you get what you pay for period. Look at all the fast guys on this site, look at there profiles you wont see any mods that say SS Autocrome, OBX FMIC, crush bent piping ect. You will see stuff from SBR Greddy Apexi if you want to go fast you might as well do it right so your not replacing stuff once a year, do it right the first time and your car will be faster at the same time. You pay more because the products are proven to work.

-Tom

OmG My DsM is soooooo Unreliable.. All I did was put on all the cheapest bling bling parts I could find on ebay. I'm buying a honda. DSMS ArE UnReLiAblE...

You get what you pay for, I woulden't even purchase anything off of e-bay or a shady vendor working out of an apartment or 1stall garage :notgood:

1993eclipseGS said:
OmG My DsM is soooooo Unreliable.. All I did was put on all the cheapest bling bling parts I could find on ebay. I'm buying a honda. DSMS ArE UnReLiAblE...

You get what you pay for, I woulden't even purchase anything off of e-bay or a shady vendor working out of an apartment or 1stall garage :notgood:

I've said it before and I will say it again...DON'T OWN A DSM IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING!...

These can be reliable cars...I drove my car 2000 miles in a week, with a clutch that didn't disengage...two segments of that trip involved two 14 hr straight drives, with no more than 45 mins of stopping the entire time...

Also, I put about 25k-30k miles a year on mine...this semester, I have put 700-800 miles a week on it...it has been work to get it reliable, but it can be done...

but, if you don't know cars and how things work with each other, stay away from dsms...

Scott :laser:

Exactly.

If your dsm is consantly breaking, you either.. beat it up, The previous owner beat it up, You don't do the usual maintanance, Or the previous owner hasen't. Or you cheap out and buy 'performance mods' from lowes or homedepot. :toobad:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back