The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

Wtf, am i dreaming, what Kind of manifold and gate is this?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

No way, Definatly don't bid on that. SSautochrome is no good, Neither are any of the other items on that page. It is just like the package they sell with that junk turbo they list on ebay. Stay away from that stuff. It is really cheap for a reason.

No its not OBX is made by XS power. I have a 38gate of theirs and its an absolute clone Identical to the Tial I have yet to have problems with it quality is deffinitely there on the gate as for the manifold I can not say nor comment on.
Tyler

YEAH ive been seeing nothinmg but cheap knock offs of tial and hks wastegates on ebay.

Skunked tsi said:
No its not OBX is made by XS power. I have a 38gate of theirs and its an absolute clone Identical to the Tial I have yet to have problems with it quality is deffinitely there on the gate as for the manifold I can not say nor comment on.
Tyler

My friend is running the ssautochrome manifold and has had nothing but good to say about it. I also have one not bad quality at all. Sometimes I wonder where people get their information from. Certainly they don't run one and get their info on what others say. For the price why not try it.

I must agree with some people on this. Why not give these products a chance and not automatically label them as pieces of junk, especially when you're not paying much. If they only last half as long as the brand name stuff then so be it, you only paid half the amount. Many people will accept this fact. When it comes down to it brand name stuff doesn't always guarantee a perfect product from what I've seen in the last few years of browsing around forums and reading people's experiences. The reality is some of these cheaper parts are simply cheaper because they are made in less fortunate countries where the labour costs are lower and manufacturing processes cost less. And if they are identical copies of another company's product it just means there's more reason to believe they're going to work as good as advertised. Now if you have concrete evidence of the inferiority of the product please bring it to light as I'm sure that kind of information would be much appreciated by all, but your brother's uncle's friend who had one and was no good type of opinion doesn't carry much weight with me and only propagates the starting of rumours. Lets speak from personal experience to keep the facts a little more concrete shall we?

The ####ers stole pictures of my motor to use in that ad. There manifold arived pre cracked. Bs if you ask me.

the OBX/XS power manifolds are the same thing..... XS Power IS SSautochrome. They have like 3-4 names they sell products under.

OBX and XS are not the same company. they might use same materials and/or design but no were in my buyer guide or company info has stated XS or SSAutochrome. i sell OBX in Oklahoma City anybody need anymore info pm i give you as much info as i can.

just forget it and go full-race :laugh: or make one, a tubular manifold should cost more than 300 bucks no matter what unless its used! I only buy the brand named stuff, obx isnt on my list of mods. thats like APC making turbos or somthing... or pepboys selling turbo manifolds, pure junk. just my 02. cents peace guys

Jon

i think you should get it.. i have NEVER known anyone that runs a ssautochrome or affiliate product. all ive every heard is my friend, oh my buddy. well without some concrete people who HAVE used this product and knows its a pos. i think everyone should shut their mouths..

if you wanna but a mani go for it. search google for people who HAVE got one and that their quality is. i know guys who have gotten other knock off manifolds such as pace setter ect. and the quality was very good and its been a year and it still hasnt cracked.

Every single manifold dont matter if its cast or 16 gauge steel is gonna crack sooner or later.
I hope to god some of you understand this. Its all just a matter of longitivity.

If you wanna blow $300 for nothing go for it. Exhaust flow is limited by your turbine housing not your manifold.

I happen to own a ssautochrome maniflod and think it was a really good deal, it is not crappy tubes welded to a flange but the tubes were formed to the opening of the exaust runners and the flange is like 1/2 inch thick, it also has little tabs welded to the bottom of each tube to help support the weight of the tubo, I also took it to my dad (Who is forman of a weld shop) and he told me it was tig welded, he also added that whoever did it did a crapy job for looks but the welds are strong as shit and they go all the way through. I think it is an awsome product and would recomed this to anyone.....by the way I've had it almost two years and no cracks at all and I have a t4 hanging off it!

All that matters is what the inside of the collecter looks like. Ask for a picture of that and it will answer all your questions on the quality of that particular product. :thumb:

There was a thread about this exact same situation with an obx intercooler on ebay. Vendors don't like it because their products are being reverse engineered so they will tell you that they are inferior. As a consumer I will be the judge of that. I bought the kit from ebay abd it is beautiful. The manifold is extremely solid with extremely good welds.

Let's stick to the facts. If you don't have one then either get one or comment with referance to experiance. Do not wildly make claims of inferiority based on a thread you read by someone who didn't have one either.

Oh and by the way the products are exact replicas. That is why the vendors are so mad. But why are you mad? You know you eat flavorite cereal and drink cierra mist instead of sprite. Generic doesn't apply only to food and medicine.

i have actually heard bad things in person at a local dsm shop. one customer bought the exact same one on ebay and it got holes in it twice. they just aren't made to last from what i've seen. i would go with a DNP. it's a lot of money,but if you really want a tubular mani. then that is what i would recommend
:thumb:

Sorry guys. The tubular steel manifolds look nice, but you just can't beat cast iron for exhaust manifolds. I know I sound like cast iron advocate #1 today, but cast iron and turbos go so well together. For an exhaust manifold app, CI has great thermal capacity, toughness, and fatigue strength. A tubular manifold will never match a cast iron manifold in performance (I am strickly speaking of turbo cars here, N/A apps are a totally different story)

Scott

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back