The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

WTB: AWD tranny+4G63T motor

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brianksm

10+ Year Contributor
Jan 27, 2012
Los Gatos, California
Hey guys after I finally got all the leaks sealed and the car fixed I drove it and I heard a screeeching grinding noise when i gave it gas:cry: I dumpedd hellaa money thinking it would be running but turns out the tranny's bad, and the engine knocks... At this point I'm better off just dropping a new tranny in, and if the knock can't be resolved then an engine as well :ohdamn: Please let me know what you got i got a 97 eclipse gsx. I really just want to get this car on the road..

Bumpp anyone know where I can get a tranny??

ive got a turbo motor out of a 97 talon. long block. if you cant fix the knock.

Wish you would have popped on the forums before you bought the car so someone could have warned you about how badly Josh neglected it. You should talk to Josh since he knew about the background of the car and I'm surprised he didn't warn you about it. Maybe get reimbursed a bit or something since he sold you something in need of serious work while trying to cover it up.

yeahh I was mislead into thinking it was "one transmission axle seal leak"... I called josh and told him the tranny was shitt and he's like sorry dude we already made a deal.. I honestly just want to get this car going. Thanks guys i really appreciate it!! I owe you guys one! I gotta get you guys lunch sometime haha. I contacted all of them, I emailed the first one, called and left a message for the second one, and the 3rd picked up and said it needs to be rewired/ put together right ### his friend did it to run. Hopefully the 2nd guy or first guy with the tranny get back to me.

yeahh I was mislead into thinking it was "one transmission axle seal leak"... I called josh and told him the tranny was shitt and he's like sorry dude we already made a deal..

You can sue him under fraud and misrepresentation if he knowingly sold you a car without full disclosure. This can even pierce the "AS-IS" clause in most bills of sale.

That is, if you can prove that he knew about the issues, neglected to give you proper disclosure, and profited from it.

It's easy to file in small claims (up to $7,500 in damages) for $75. I sued the crap out of someone for selling me a 'clean title' vehicle that had been in a major wreck.

Definitely don't buy that one. The guy selling doesn't even know what year car the tranny is for. 90-94 cars are 1g's and have different trannies. 95-99 are the 2g's and what you need. Find a tranny from a car that the owner can prove where it came from.

yeahh I was mislead into thinking it was "one transmission axle seal leak"... I called josh and told him the tranny was shitt and he's like sorry dude we already made a deal.. I honestly just want to get this car going. Thanks guys i really appreciate it!! I owe you guys one! I gotta get you guys lunch sometime haha. I contacted all of them, I emailed the first one, called and left a message for the second one, and the 3rd picked up and said it needs to be rewired/ put together right ### his friend did it to run. Hopefully the 2nd guy or first guy with the tranny get back to me.

Shit, Josh still owes quite a few of us a lunch or 4 for all the help and work we put into his car. For you to offer lunch just for helpful info is such a difference. haha.

To clarify the work that everyone helped Josh with; We installed and finished his car with presumed good working parts to the best of our ability. Josh didn't want to bother checking the parts out, even after he had an awful lying mechanic "rebuild" both the engine and tranny.

The community as a whole gave him parts that we had individually in order to finish the car since he couldn't always afford it. We made countless trips all the way out to him in Gilroy on weekends when we could have easily been fixing our own broken dsms. He continued to cheap out on parts and was resistant to buy the necessary fluids for the car even. As soon as we got close to finishing it, he starting getting really impatient like a little kid who wanted something but couldn't wait for it to get done right. He got pushy.

Then he brought it up that he wanted to sell the car. After everyone else basically fixed the car for him. He didn't do anything really other than watch us work. Once we found out that he had intentions of selling, I know that's when I stopped helping him. I wasn't going to continue to work on a car that he was just trying to profit from but was too lazy to take care of himself. The car eventually got done. And he sold it. As-is unfortunately.

I hope that Josh does the right thing and helps you out. He knew that the car had issues and for him to unload it on someone without them knowing the background is a bit shady. I heard about the whole change in value just as you were closing the deal too. Stuff like that really speaks volumes about someones character.

And for your reading pleasure, here is the saga of Josh's car:
http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/norcal-region-dsm/411866-project-fix-joshs-car-mechanics-meet.html
Notice how it started and everyone jumped on board to help him out. Pages worth of advice and parts changing hands. It's almost creepy now to look back and see how much of the current issues came up back then. Check page 6 towards the end specifically. That's his first mention of selling the car.

It's a shame it had to end the way it did. After we got it running, god only knows what he did with that car. I haven't seen him in a while.

Keep us updated Brian. As long as you stick to your car and don't treat it like Josh did, I'm sure people will come to your aid. The dsm community is pretty sick in the bay area and as long as you are willing to get your hands dirty with us, we'll help you out.

Throw in some carne asada or bbq i'll come to your house :thumb:

You can sue him under fraud and misrepresentation if he knowingly sold you a car without full disclosure. This can even pierce the "AS-IS" clause in most bills of sale.

That is, if you can prove that he knew about the issues, neglected to give you proper disclosure, and profited from it.

It's easy to file in small claims (up to $7,500 in damages) for $75. I sued the crap out of someone for selling me a 'clean title' vehicle that had been in a major wreck.

hmm well hopefully he see's this and reimburses me, the car he sold me is pretty much a lemon...:notgood:

Definitely don't buy that one. The guy selling doesn't even know what year car the tranny is for. 90-94 cars are 1g's and have different trannies. 95-99 are the 2g's and what you need. Find a tranny from a car that the owner can prove where it came from.

Shit, Josh still owes quite a few of us a lunch or 4 for all the help and work we put into his car. For you to offer lunch just for helpful info is such a difference. haha.

To clarify the work that everyone helped Josh with; We installed and finished his car with presumed good working parts to the best of our ability. Josh didn't want to bother checking the parts out, even after he had an awful lying mechanic "rebuild" both the engine and tranny.

The community as a whole gave him parts that we had individually in order to finish the car since he couldn't always afford it. We made countless trips all the way out to him in Gilroy on weekends when we could have easily been fixing our own broken dsms. He continued to cheap out on parts and was resistant to buy the necessary fluids for the car even. As soon as we got close to finishing it, he starting getting really impatient like a little kid who wanted something but couldn't wait for it to get done right. He got pushy.

Then he brought it up that he wanted to sell the car. After everyone else basically fixed the car for him. He didn't do anything really other than watch us work. Once we found out that he had intentions of selling, I know that's when I stopped helping him. I wasn't going to continue to work on a car that he was just trying to profit from but was too lazy to take care of himself. The car eventually got done. And he sold it. As-is unfortunately.

I hope that Josh does the right thing and helps you out. He knew that the car had issues and for him to unload it on someone without them knowing the background is a bit shady. I heard about the whole change in value just as you were closing the deal too. Stuff like that really speaks volumes about someones character.

And for your reading pleasure, here is the saga of Josh's car:
http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/norcal-region-dsm/411866-project-fix-joshs-car-mechanics-meet.html
Notice how it started and everyone jumped on board to help him out. Pages worth of advice and parts changing hands. It's almost creepy now to look back and see how much of the current issues came up back then. Check page 6 towards the end specifically. That's his first mention of selling the car.

It's a shame it had to end the way it did. After we got it running, god only knows what he did with that car. I haven't seen him in a while.

Keep us updated Brian. As long as you stick to your car and don't treat it like Josh did, I'm sure people will come to your aid. The dsm community is pretty sick in the bay area and as long as you are willing to get your hands dirty with us, we'll help you out.

I really don't understand how you can neglect a car like that, nor can I understand how he could have the audacity to keep me in the dark about these things, I'm in too deep with this car. I bought it because he seemed like a nice guy and it look stock,clean title, and low miles, which is the ideal car to build on. knowing the condition of the car i don't understand why he played with me on the price. For the money I paid and spent on repairs I could have afforded a muchh straighter clean gsx..:banghead:

Yeahh I completely understand, so you guys pretty much built his car and he never even cared to feed you guys???WTF I honestly appreciate all the help i can get. Yeahh the community is pretty sick you guys are really awesome! i never thought id meet people this genuine. :applause: For the time being, hit me up any time you guys meet, im down to come help.

Throw in some carne asada or bbq i'll come to your house :thumb:
how about bbq, carne asada, and some beer? Haha I'll appreciate any help I can get. My mechanic is going to update me tomorrow on exactly whats causing the grind in the tranny and the knock in the engine. I'll keep you guys updated, but I can't stress this enough I really appreciate the help, and I want to take you guys to lunch haha

Well...I helped Josh "finish" the car. One of you talented individuals had set the mechanical timing incorrectly...so much for all the "valuable work" y'all did. :rolleyes: From what I gathered from Josh, he absolutely DID disclose everything he knew to be wrong w/ the car. I drove it right after the T-belt and there was nothing wrong w/ the tranny...several boost leaks, but Josh put-in the time to make a BLTester and fixed them all. The guy even went to PnP a several times to find the right check valves to replace in the emissions system. I have very few doubts the car will pass smog...the damn motor idled smooth as hell too. If you guys GAVE him the parts to help him out, well...that's mighty nice of ya. He never mentioned there was a "dick-in-the-ass clause" that allowed you guys to judge what he did with the car afterward. Don't blame the kid for not wanting to build a car w/ that much negative karma attached to it.

OP...this car obviously needed work. All you had to do was sit in the damn driver's seat to know that. Did you even drive the car before you bought it? And if it had problems, why did you still buy it? If all this happened AFTER you bought and drove it...um, how is that anyone's fault but yours? It's a $5-6k car that you got for around 2500...with admitted problems as well as a disclosed shady past. If you must know, Josh is taking your money and saving up a bunch extra to buy a different GSX, from a friend of mine THAT STILL NEEDS WORK AND SMOGGING. These cars are OLD...they ALL require work. If fixing a DSM or bringing it back to life is a problem for you...I suggest you go out and lease yourself a shiny new Honda Civic. ;) I've been around a looong time...and I'm down in MH. If you really want to be a DSMer, let me know, and I can help you learn the ropes...and I'm sure there are plenty of others around who will help (beware on t-belt jobs though! :p ). If you insist on paying others to build your car, well, best of luck to ya man!

Well...I helped Josh "finish" the car. One of you talented individuals had set the mechanical timing incorrectly...so much for all the "valuable work" y'all did. :rolleyes: From what I gathered from Josh, he absolutely DID disclose everything he knew to be wrong w/ the car. I drove it right after the T-belt and there was nothing wrong w/ the tranny...several boost leaks, but Josh put-in the time to make a BLTester and fixed them all. The guy even went to PnP a several times to find the right check valves to replace in the emissions system. I have very few doubts the car will pass smog...the damn motor idled smooth as hell too. If you guys GAVE him the parts to help him out, well...that's mighty nice of ya. He never mentioned there was a "dick-in-the-ass clause" that allowed you guys to judge what he did with the car afterward. Don't blame the kid for not wanting to build a car w/ that much negative karma attached to it.

OP...this car obviously needed work. All you had to do was sit in the damn driver's seat to know that. Did you even drive the car before you bought it? And if it had problems, why did you still buy it? If all this happened AFTER you bought and drove it...um, how is that anyone's fault but yours? It's a $5-6k car that you got for around 2500...with admitted problems as well as a disclosed shady past. If you must know, Josh is taking your money and saving up a bunch extra to buy a different GSX, from a friend of mine THAT STILL NEEDS WORK AND SMOGGING. These cars are OLD...they ALL require work. If fixing a DSM or bringing it back to life is a problem for you...I suggest you go out and lease yourself a shiny new Honda Civic. ;) I've been around a looong time...and I'm down in MH. If you really want to be a DSMer, let me know, and I can help you learn the ropes...and I'm sure there are plenty of others around who will help (beware on t-belt jobs though! :p ). If you insist on paying others to build your car, well, best of luck to ya man!

My problem is I couldn't drive the car before buying. it wasnt driveable due to the excessive leakage. I simply started it and it seemed fine. as of disclosure all i was simply told that he had problems with his mechanic but the engine was replaced and rebuilt with 100miles, apparently all it needed was an axle seal, that's what his ad said. I took it to my mechanic and he couldn't drive it either, hence why he could not properly assess the integrity of the tranny. Originally we agreed on 2k then my mechanic informed me of more necessary repairs then price was dropped to 1700 then he said he found a car and didnt want to sell it. Because I am a dsmer and love the car i said "#### it, the 800 wont kill me" He seemed like a nice guy so I trusted his word. But literally every day i got a call from the mechanic reporting a new problem. The mechanic Im referring to is my bestfriend's dad and he worked on my last dsm. Like I said I would appreciate all the help i can get, and I don't plan on paying a shop to mod my car, I want to learn and do it myself. Thats why I joined the site, to meet dsm vets and learnn! I'm not mad nor am I antagonizing josh, it's simply the fact that the car he explained and sold me is not the car I purchased.. For how much I bought and put into it I could have gotten a better GSX that's all. He said he would compensate on price if the tranny is bad, yet theres no way for me to know that if it's leaking so severely that it can't be safely driven. Evidently the tranny is bad and once i called him he said he can't do anything. I just wished he told me a more lucid background on the car, the stateref and all the stuff on the post I just read are quite new to me.. I'm not sure if you're free tomorrow, but my cars in palo alto, im down to pick you up and ill get you lunch and you can come see the car, drive it, give me some tips on what to do, look at how much i paid in repairs and understand my frustration. I'm not impatient either it's a project car which is fun, I enjoy getting dirty and wrenching :D And as soon as it is repaired I will be attending meets and modding the car:thumb:

I'm pretty sure he knew all the problems it had too, if not he wouldn't have made me sign a "contract" stating the car was sold as is with no warranty/gurantee which i signed only cause I trusted him and he seemed like a nice guy...

If I weren't sick with bronchitis, I'd go up with ya...as it turns out, most of my work happens in Palo Alto, so if I'm up there later this week, I can probably meet with you if you'd like.

Getting pretty tired of reading this. Brian I told you everything about the car that I KNEW. To my knowledge. I warned you about the tranny. I told you to come down to test drive it. You insisted on having it towed to your best friends dads shop. I made a video of the car how is sat, looked, sounded, start up and revved it a couple times for you. Now why would I tow it to that shop if I had any idea that there was that much wrong with it. If I was trying to "screw you over" why would I agree taking it to a shop in PALO ALTO. You made the $1700 offer and NICO was with me at the time of that. I rejected it and told you I was going to just trade it for a Honda that my brother wanted because 1. Benefited my brother and 2. I get $2000 out of it which was higher than your original $1700 offer. I kindly let you knew so I didn't leave you hanging. I even led you to this website. I showed you another car that I preferred you buying because it looked like it has less issues than mine. As for the tranny you trusted your mechanic you told me that he said it was good you DID NOT tell me he didn't drive it or else I would've said drive it first. Even when you first wanted to tow it again I PREFERRED you came down I said lets test drive it, if it messes up I'll take the price of repairing the tranny off. You couldn't wait to just come down and test drive it. I told you EVERYTHING I KNEW. I made you sign a contract mainly for the smog and you even seen me copying it down from when I bought the car from the previous owner before me. I followed what you wanted to do. Then I believe it was Thursday night you made bigger offer kept telling me how badly you wanted it. You were begging me dude. I felt bad after all that so I gave in and sold it to you. You were making offers without talking to your parents at all you even wanted me to try and convince them dude. As for the motor I had no clue that it was knocking. I was listening to the video and I still don't hear knocking. I told you about possible lifter tick. I said its pretty common. I still have been on the look out for a tranny for you and I told you to look around the forums instead you post a thread. Not hating because I did the same thing. But it'll take longer. So stop with the whole you didn't know what you were getting into. I even told you it was expensive having this car. You claimed you had a GS-T and told me not to worry. Moral of this dude. I told you everything I highly recommended you to test drive it. You chose to do a different route. So don't go saying I didn't warn you. I warned you countless times. And as you can see the guy that's been very helpful (Rich) is offering to help you out too man. Your a logical guy you should see that I wasn't trying to screw you over.

Getting pretty tired of reading this. #Brian I told you everything about the car that I KNEW. To my knowledge. #I warned you about the tranny. #I told you to come down to test drive it. You insisted on having it towed to your best friends dads shop. #I made a video of the car how is sat, looked, sounded, start up and revved it a couple times for you. Now why would I tow it to that shop if I had any idea that there was that much wrong with it. #If I was trying to "screw you over" why would I agree taking it to a shop in PALO ALTO. #You made the $1700 offer and NICO was with me at the time of that. #I rejected it and told you I was going to just trade it for a Honda that my brother wanted because 1. Benefited my brother and 2. I get $2000 out of it which was higher than your original $1700 offer. #I kindly let you knew so I didn't leave you hanging. I even led you to this website. I showed you another car that I preferred you buying because it looked like it has less issues than mine. As for the tranny you trusted your mechanic you told me that he said it was good you DID NOT tell me he didn't drive it or else I would've said drive it first. Even when you first wanted to tow it again I PREFERRED you came down I said lets test drive it, if it messes up I'll take the price of repairing the tranny off. You couldn't wait to just come down and test drive it. #I told you EVERYTHING I KNEW. #I made you sign a contract mainly for the smog and you even seen me copying it down from when I bought the car from the previous owner before me. #I followed what you wanted to do. Then I believe it was Thursday night you made bigger offer kept telling me how badly you wanted it. #You were begging me dude. I felt bad after all that so I gave in and sold it to you. #You were making offers without talking to your parents at all you even wanted me to try and convince them dude. As for the motor I had no clue that it was knocking. I was listening to the video and I still don't hear knocking. #I told you about possible lifter tick. #I said its pretty common. #I still have been on the look out for a tranny for you and I told you to look around the forums instead you post a thread. #Not hating because I did the same thing. But it'll take longer. #So stop with the whole you didn't know what you were getting into. I even told you it was expensive having this car. #You claimed you had a GS-T and told me not to worry. #Moral of this dude. I told you everything I highly recommended you to test drive it. You chose to do a different route. #So don't go saying I didn't warn you. I warned you countless times. And as you can see the guy that's been very helpful (Rich) is offering to help you out too man. #Your a logical guy you should see that I wasn't trying to screw you over.

What's with everyone saying you neglected your car? #Why can't you help me out with the tranny now? What diff does it make. I understand smog, but why the"as is with no warranty or gurantee" how could you not know?#
The entire wiring of the car is messed up, the axle that was put in wasn't even the right axle. There were welds on the old ofh, the car has a crank seal leak, theres a cam seal leaks, rear main seal leak, the ac is missing lines, the parts don't match up. there's a power steering leak, the tranny leaks and just straight up grinds while driving over 3k rpm and the knock is only noticeable when you drive, The timing belt needs to be replaced and retimed, cas needs to be replaced, there might even be crankwalk, amongst many other things.. I've repaired all the leaks but the cranks seal leak, tranny and the knock remains. Im waiting on my mechanics call tomorrow to let me know. And the state ref, you never mentioned these things.#

Look at it from my pov, a 97 gsx low miles clean title pretty sure you'd want it too. I didn't have a ride to your house to test drive it. I dumped hella money finally drive out my mechanics lot and the transmission screeched like grinding metal and the motor knocks. like I said if you were willing to compensate for the tranny then I'm sure you can do it now too.
I already bought the car and I'm not an ahole I'm gona make the best out of my situation and bring this car back to life. I just wish you'd help me out with the tranny at least.#

If I weren't sick with bronchitis, I'd go up with ya...as it turns out, most of my work happens in Palo Alto, so if I'm up there later this week, I can probably meet with you if you'd like.

That would be great, let me know as soon as you're free.

I rejected it and told you I was going to just trade it for a Honda that my brother wanted because 1. Benefited my brother and 2. I get $2000 out of it which was higher than your original $1700 offer.

You said yourself you didnt want the car ### you'd have to drive to the border of Oregon...

What's with everyone saying you neglected your car? #Why can't you help me out with the tranny now? What diff does it make. I understand smog, but why the"as is with no warranty or gurantee" how could you not know?#
The entire wiring of the car is messed up, the axle that was put in wasn't even the right axle. There were welds on the old ofh, the car has a crank seal leak, theres a cam seal leaks, rear main seal leak, the ac is missing lines, the parts don't match up. there's a power steering leak, the tranny leaks and just straight up grinds while driving over 3k rpm and the knock is only noticeable when you drive, The timing belt needs to be replaced and retimed, cas needs to be replaced, there might even be crankwalk, amongst many other things.. I've repaired all the leaks but the cranks seal leak, tranny and the knock remains. Im waiting on my mechanics call tomorrow to let me know. And the state ref, you never mentioned these things.#

Look at it from my pov, a 97 gsx low miles clean title pretty sure you'd want it too. I didn't have a ride to your house to test drive it. I dumped hella money finally drive out my mechanics lot and the transmission screeched like grinding metal and the motor knocks. like I said if you were willing to compensate for the tranny then I'm sure you can do it now too.
I already bought the car and I'm not an ahole I'm gona make the best out of my situation and bring this car back to life. I just wish you'd help me out with the tranny at least.#

That would be great, let me know as soon as you're free....

Once again. I told you everything I KNEW. TO MY KNOWLEDGE. Just like mark told you to HIS knowledge to. Sorry I don't have a shop and the 2k to play with. And yea I did see clean title when I bought the car and I got screwed over for it but the previous owner said everything was fine, no problems. I didn't lie to you dude. As for wiring I told you what I knew. Only the tail light issue. You ever stop and think that maybe. Just MAYBE your mechanic is just sucking money from you. Because that 2k you spent you could have got a rebuilt tranny and possibly another motor. I'm pretty sure the car would've lasted on the suspension it had already. Think about it dude. And everything you told me what was wrong with the car BEFORE you bought it why didn't your mechanic tell me when I got there with nico. Hmmm kind of iffy to me. Not saying your mechanic doesn't do good work but it's not hard to say that everything is wrong with a car and you need to replace everything then it end up working. Of course it's going to work if you replace every single thing with it. Just my .02
I'm holding onto the money because I'm saving up for another car as Rich pointed out. I need a car more right now because I commute to Fremont for school. So dropping however much you were expecting me to would be a big damp in my time of buying the car. However in time if it's still messed up i PROBABLY can drop a couple hundred for your tranny rebuild. But after all this disrespecting me on tuners I'm not even sure I'd want to do that. I was actually waiting until after taxes were done to see what I can do. It's as Rich said these cars are worth 5-6k I sold it to your for a little less than half that price. If you are trying to learn how to mod the car like your claiming you have to learn to maintain it first. Which your not doing. Then you probably would have saved a lot of money in labor charges. If or when Rich goes down there he'd tell you the same stuff and explain it to you. And that thing about taking my car to the border of Oregon. I would have gladly done it for my brother. It was actually already set for that Saturday morning. Then you kept begging and calling and texting me that you want the car. And once again I have a witness who knows how many times you called and texted. Actually 2 witnesses. You could've easily spent no more than a grand on all those issues just by getting parts and doing it yourself since your saying you want to learn and that other grand you spent could have went to the tranny. So don't go blaming me for your illogical mistakes Bryan. If you had just waited to come down to test drive it like I INSISTED you did I would have kicked the price down. I said that I will drive when you get down here and if I mess it up I would definitely drop the price. You said that you didn't have a ride. You could have easily taken the bus here and I would've taken you back. Once again no you wanted it towed to your mechanic because you trust him. Well you just put your trust in a mechanic that said the tranny was good without even driving it. That's like saying the motor is good without even looking under the hood to see if there's even a motor there. Once again you made the bad call an I should have stuck with what I said and had you test drive it. And the only reason I'm calling BS on your mechanic is because he says it needs to be re-timed. And Rich was the one who timed it while I learned by watching him. And in my opinion he did a dam good job at it. That's why I'm calling BS on your mechanic.

He never mentioned there was a "dick-in-the-ass clause" that allowed you guys to judge what he did with the car afterward. Don't blame the kid for not wanting to build a car w/ that much negative karma attached to it.

If you must know, Josh is taking your money and saving up a bunch extra to buy a different GSX, from a friend of mine THAT STILL NEEDS WORK AND SMOGGING. These cars are OLD...they ALL require work. If fixing a DSM or bringing it back to life is a problem for you...I suggest you go out and lease yourself a shiny new Honda Civic. ;)

The thing I take issue with is that Josh had us do most of the work for him and then stood to make money directly of everyone else's work. Whenever I was there, he never so much as touched the car. Once, when Mark was helping him, Josh straight up left him there to work alone. Now I may not have all the details, but I can't see any excuse for ditching a friend that is working on YOUR CAR!

I hope to god that Josh doesn't get another dsm that needs work. He's burned enough bridges that he may find it difficult to get people to help him again.

Once again. I told you everything I KNEW. TO MY KNOWLEDGE. Just like mark told you to HIS knowledge to.

Because that 2k you spent you could have got a rebuilt tranny and possibly another motor. I'm pretty sure the car would've lasted on the suspension it had already. Think about it dude.

And everything you told me what was wrong with the car BEFORE you bought it why didn't your mechanic tell me when I got there with nico. Hmmm kind of iffy to me. Not saying your mechanic doesn't do good work but it's not hard to say that everything is wrong with a car and you need to replace everything then it end up working. Of course it's going to work if you replace every single thing with it. Just my .02

But after all this disrespecting me on tuners I'm not even sure I'd want to do that. I was actually waiting until after taxes were done to see what I can do. It's as Rich said these cars are worth 5-6k I sold it to your for a little less than half that price. If you are trying to learn how to mod the car like your claiming you have to learn to maintain it first. Which your not doing. Then you probably would have saved a lot of money in labor charges.

You could've easily spent no more than a grand on all those issues just by getting parts and doing it yourself since your saying you want to learn and that other grand you spent could have went to the tranny. So don't go blaming me for your illogical mistakes Bryan.

And the only reason I'm calling BS on your mechanic is because he says it needs to be re-timed. And Rich was the one who timed it while I learned by watching him. And in my opinion he did a dam good job at it. That's why I'm calling BS on your mechanic.

Everything Josh, really? You told him that you let a greasy mexican dude who didn't know a clutch fork from a rim job get his hands all over your car? You told him that you were told by your mechanic that basically everything needed replaced. You told him that you never drove it or inspected the prior mechanics work? You earned your disrespect on your own.

His mechanic sounds somewhat similar to yours too, which makes me cringe. But yours did the same thing. Every day was a new problem. Every day was more parts and more labor. You should understand that all too well.

Kinda like the pot calling the kettle black, you telling Brian to go do his own work don't ya think? And how would you know if Rich did a good job just from watching him. (No offense Rich) Isn't that like looking under the hood and seeing a motor, but assuming its fine...?

Well josh makes a good point too, I was there when we went to check out the car at the mechanic. I'm on no ones side but just giving my opinion. The mechanic never stated any tranny problems and all he gave us was a list on a paper saying all it needed was to fix some leaks and an axle seal, never stated any other problems with it. It could also be your mechanic just fishing for more money. If you want to learn the ropes to do it yourself and save a lot of time and money lots of people on tuners would gladly help you. Also this was before you gave him any money for the car, you could of just walked away. Its kinda fishy that your mechanic says that there's more to fix with it after you purchased the car. :idontknow:

I can't say on behalf of the condition of the car, I never drove it or touched it myself just witnessed what happened at the mechanics and both your conversations on the phone.

Once again. I told you everything I KNEW. TO MY KNOWLEDGE. Just like mark told you to HIS knowledge to. Sorry I don't have a shop and the 2k to play with. And yea I did see clean title when I bought the car and I got screwed over for it but the previous owner said everything was fine, no problems. I didn't lie to you dude. As for wiring I told you what I knew. Only the tail light issue. You ever stop and think that maybe. Just MAYBE your mechanic is just sucking money from you. Because that 2k you spent you could have got a rebuilt tranny and possibly another motor. I'm pretty sure the car would've lasted on the suspension it had already. Think about it dude. And everything you told me what was wrong with the car BEFORE you bought it why didn't your mechanic tell me when I got there with nico. Hmmm kind of iffy to me. Not saying your mechanic doesn't do good work but it's not hard to say that everything is wrong with a car and you need to replace everything then it end up working. Of course it's going to work if you replace every single thing with it. Just my .02
I'm holding onto the money because I'm saving up for another car as Rich pointed out. I need a car more right now because I commute to Fremont for school. So dropping however much you were expecting me to would be a big damp in my time of buying the car. However in time if it's still messed up i PROBABLY can drop a couple hundred for your tranny rebuild. But after all this disrespecting me on tuners I'm not even sure I'd want to do that. I was actually waiting until after taxes were done to see what I can do. It's as Rich said these cars are worth 5-6k I sold it to your for a little less than half that price. If you are trying to learn how to mod the car like your claiming you have to learn to maintain it first. Which your not doing. Then you probably would have saved a lot of money in labor charges. If or when Rich goes down there he'd tell you the same stuff and explain it to you. And that thing about taking my car to the border of Oregon. I would have gladly done it for my brother. It was actually already set for that Saturday morning. Then you kept begging and calling and texting me that you want the car. And once again I have a witness who knows how many times you called and texted. Actually 2 witnesses. You could've easily spent no more than a grand on all those issues just by getting parts and doing it yourself since your saying you want to learn and that other grand you spent could have went to the tranny. So don't go blaming me for your illogical mistakes Bryan. If you had just waited to come down to test drive it like I INSISTED you did I would have kicked the price down. I said that I will drive when you get down here and if I mess it up I would definitely drop the price. You said that you didn't have a ride. You could have easily taken the bus here and I would've taken you back. Once again no you wanted it towed to your mechanic because you trust him. Well you just put your trust in a mechanic that said the tranny was good without even driving it. That's like saying the motor is good without even looking under the hood to see if there's even a motor there. Once again you made the bad call an I should have stuck with what I said and had you test drive it. And the only reason I'm calling BS on your mechanic is because he says it needs to be re-timed. And Rich was the one who timed it while I learned by watching him. And in my opinion he did a dam good job at it. That's why I'm calling BS on your mechanic.

If what you're stating is true, then if i came down, and you heard the grind, and docked the price then you would have bailed and go the other car. I called you hella times ### i THOUGHT the car simply had the problems the mechanics claimed. As for my mechanic fishing more money out of me, he only charges 1/2 for labor. I don't see why my BESTFRIENDS DAD would #### me over. Josh, yes, you told it had tail light problems but it's much more than that... the whole wiring was done unprofessionally and couldn't have know the integrity of the tranny without driving. I'm supposed to get an update today with whats up with my car, ill post what i learn.

Dude Josh alll the stuff on your other thread is all new to me.. and i watch and even help my mechanic when he works on my car so i know he's no bsing. the truth still lies, the tranny is bad, dude just please help me outt i already dumped hella money

Jacob whenever you guys came down I didn't know what to do. I sat there waiting for you guys to tell me how I can help. That's why when Miguel had me scrape pieces of gasket off and tighten the bolts on the manifold I was crazy happy. But once you guys started ridiculing me. It brought me down. Made me just go back to my corner and stay there. You guys still do it even at the BBQ. Why do you think I'm quiet most of the time? So yea when you guys were here I sat and watch like a lost kid. But once you guys decided to stop helping I started working on it with advice from Rich. Not him there showing me its me texting him a question and him answering it. And the only time I left mark in by himself was when I had to go pick up my gf from work. And I bring him back food. At the same time I still wish he told me what I can do. And Bryan I can't drop money on your tranny right now. Your going to have to wait until after taxes and see what I have left over. I have stuff to pay too. Like I still have to take (Miguel, Jacob, mark, rastor, Ted, Rich, Yukiz, and those other 2 guys that came one of em was Caesar) all out to eat. That's one big dinner that I was saving for a meet so it can be a dinner meet as a thank you. So as of right now no I can't help you by giving you money, yes I can try and help you find one.

Just PM your cell# or somethin.

I can tell you this: the timing does NOT need to be reset, as it was perfect when I reset it a couple weeks back, and the tensioner was perfect as well. I know someone welded the DP to the O2 housing, so the "welded OFH" is probably just sporting some slag from the welding that was done above it. It kind of sounds to me like your mechanic guy is making a mountain range out of a couple mole hills with that stuff. The CAS doesn't HAVE to be replaced...simply setting it to the middle of it's adjustment range typically works just fine. It provides the same signal that a 2g CAS will. I have done it with 2 of my cars before and ran them for over a year like that.

Did he bother topping-off the trans before you drove it? If so; sucks to have a bad trans, but....honestly...it's par for the course with DSMs. Anyone who will insist otherwise is a horrible liar. ;) The wrong axle thing is prettttttty weird, but I didn't eff w/ any of that stuff, so I don't know. If you'd like, I have a guy in Sac (Rancho Cordova) who can help you out on a trans rebuild.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back