The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

Wrecked my 97 eclipse GS with pictures

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

horizontalkev

Supporting VIP
Jun 28, 2010
great bend, Kansas
Luckily it was my DD and not my GSX. A kid ran out in front of me in walmarts parking lot, I turned quickly and hit a pole. Should have hit the kid... Atleast now it will give me a chance to get rid of that talon bumper.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Last edited by a moderator:
Must have been going a bit fast in the parking lot eh? You do know that pedestrians have the right of way correct? I punched a guys truck bed hard enough to put a dent in it one day when he almost hit one of my kids.

The key word is "parking". Note the spelling differences from "racing", "pimping", "drifting", or "speeding" lot.

Oh yeah? Real funny LOL. It wasn't directly through the parking lot though, It was one of those entrances connecting walmarts to a strip mall with parking spots on the other sides of the curb/median. Its hard to explain but if a cop was there I would not get pulled over.

I've repaired worse looking. Too bad I dont have the cash for shipping this week. I would do a write up on how to fix damages like this.

It would be a nice write up for the dsmtuners collection. If I had the time I would beat you to it. I love fixing stuff like this because most people think it cant be done.

I know what your talking about the parkinglot breeze ways. Sorry for you accident

What I can do is grab a throw out bumper from work tomorrow. I have the adhesives and plastic welding kit already.

*Mods, Im not trying to sell an item, only give advice on this subject*

The Magna Stitcher, Spitznagel Hot Stapler, or a wood burning tool with an assortment of different ends works well also. Ive used standard paper clips cut to fit and stapled in. The front bumper is 6-8mm thick I believe. Stapling it 1/2 the distance or 4mm is enough to support a crack. You'll use a lot of staples but it is an effective method. Clip the extra metal off the backside with a wire snip or grind wheel. These are only repaired like this on the backside so you dont see the staples. (Get underneath enough cars and you'll see it more often. Especially front bumpers you cant find anymore) then its on to paint side for sanding and plastic treatment.

3M liquid plastic, or Lord Fusor. I prefer 3M, its a 2 part epoxy with mix tip. You can grind the crack down, spread your liquid plastic and give it the 5 minute flash time and done. Sands easier than bondo and just as smooth.

Yeah I think a write up would be a great Idea and I have no problem donating the bumper.

And the stapling thing explains why my girlfriends 2005 tiburons inside bumper has staples in it LOL. Not a bad idea, sounds like a ton of work though.

Is that a big gaping hole in the bumper or are my eyes tricking me? It looks like it went right to the bumper absorber.

Find out shipping to 54701 and reply on here. My PM settings are all messed up still. Maybe I'll grab this up. If I repair it would you want it back is my question - because It would be nice to have an extra 2gb front bumper for my 2gb talon.

:D

No there isn't a hole, just a crack get your eyes checked :p LOL.. And no I will not want it back when you pay shipping, its yours 110%. I have another bumper to put on it (needs paint)

Do you not drive through a "parking" lot? Im pretty sure
:rolleyes:
"Drive" was not in my list of keywords. "Drive like an asshole" wasn't either, but apparently applies. If you are going fast enough to wreck when a pedestrian strolls out, you're going too fast. :thumb:

I honestly didn't know N/A cars could attain such speed.

Stickers and crap. Profile is current.

I honestly didn't know N/A cars could attain such speed.

I believe N/A stands for 'naturally aspirated' which means we could be talking about V8's or V10's does it not?...

Sorry I had to take advantage of you not being specific ;) :p

Okay like I stated before I was driving fast for the CONDITIONS as in it was raining hard before and at the time was drizzling. On a normal day the speed at which I was driving is normal for everyone. Its not my fault some careless parent let her little kid run into the road. Unrelated, And I have a 2005 Tiburon GT, drove it before the eclipses, just sitting in the garage untagged and uninsured, which is similar as the genesis right, only the tibby is older?. I still owe on it so I can't sell it, otherwise I would. Anyways, for being an N/A the 420A has some balls.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back