The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Wow. Google celebrating Ceasar Chavez vs Easter?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hard to draw a picture of Jesus when no one knows what he looked like. On the other hand, Cesar Chavez's birthday will always be the same date. Easter just happened to fall on this day this year.

Sounds like they should have stuck to decorative eggs and bunny rabbits.

Hard to draw a picture of Jesus when no one knows what he looked like.

True...
Yet I've seen attempts of portraits 100's of times. LOL

I mean really not even a wabbit. Anything to recognize easter? It's like taking God out of the National anthem all over again...

No clue why our once great country is failing in every way

Our country is failing in every way because the hide and seek champion of the universe isn't being shoved down our throats? The people who created google are pretty intelligent. Chances are high they don't believe in fairy tales.

Our country is failing in every way because the hide and seek champion of the universe isn't being shoved down our throats? The people who created google are pretty intelligent. Chances are high they don't believe in fairy tales.

Wow good one, you want to have an intelligent conversation or you just like to show your ignorance off?

Wow good one, you want to have an intelligent conversation or you just like to show your ignorance off?

He does drive a muscle car.....
I dunno about the U.S of A but Canada's on the decline big time because of all the pakees we're getting here. They make threats and get pissed off if we celebrate our religions publicly nowa day's........people here are getting suuuuppppeeerrr pissed off with the ball-less politicians we have.

The bible is a book with a bunch of stories. Its phunny that people think it's something else right Charlie?

Whats more funny and ignorant is grown people basing their entire life on a fairy tale. What makes it even more ridiculous is less then 30% have even read the book they base their life on. Basing your life on stories others have told you about a book of stories...

Just remember faith is indistinguishable from schizophrenia.

Last edited by a moderator:
anyone ever consider the fact that easter is a religious holiday, not celebrated by everyone...

My favorite part in the bible account of the resurrection is the part where the pagan fertility right of spring is celebrated by a rabbit laying eggs.

Hard to draw a picture of Jesus when no one knows what he looked like. On the other hand, Cesar Chavez's birthday will always be the same date. Easter just happened to fall on this day this year.

Sounds like they should have stuck to decorative eggs and bunny rabbits.

Jesus was black, right?

My ignorance?

Believing something with zero proof or evidence is the poster child of ignorance.

I would have an intelligent conversation with you, if I felt you were capable of having one.

He does drive a muscle car.....
I dunno about the U.S of A but Canada's on the decline big time because of all the pakees we're getting here. They make threats and get pissed off if we celebrate our religions publicly nowa day's........people here are getting suuuuppppeeerrr pissed off with the ball-less politicians we have.

I know, I should have made the more intelligent decision of driving an 84 Celica Supra.

What is ball-less is following the herd without questioning, as most people are religious because they were brought up that way, and never once bothered to question it.

They are not religious because they studied the intricacies of astrophysics, mastered quantum mechanics, mathematically modeled the fact that dark energy is forcing an expansion of the universe so rapid that it is accelerating, and ultimately decided that a man living inside a whale just made more sense.

I know, I should have made the more intelligent decision of driving an 84 Celica Supra.

What is ball-less is following the herd without questioning, as most people are religious because they were brought up that way, and never once bothered to question it.

They are not religious because they studied the intricacies of astrophysics, mastered quantum mechanics, mathematically modeled the fact that dark energy is forcing an expansion of the universe so rapid that it is accelerating, and ultimately decided that a man living inside a whale just made more sense.

I think the ones that blindly follow are simply scared of not believing, scared of the punishment of being a non-believer. Simply a prisoner of the fear instilled in them by their religion. Some people simply follow because they want to play it safe which is understandable, yet downright silly.

For others it just may be a feeling of comport. If there is no god then what projects the earth from being swallowed into a black hole, or our solar system from being raided by a pulsar, what ensures that the laws of the universe stay constant? If you really think about it, that shit is scary. Some people just need a story to believe so they can go through life without being in panic all of the time.

Forget about all that. They haven't even read the book.

I've read old and new just to solve my own questions. If you can read old testament and still call yourself a christian then i don't want you anywhere near me or my family.

Forget about all that. They haven't even read the book.

I read old and new just to solve my own questions.

That is probably more true than you may think. In all actuality, if the prerequisite for being a christian was actually reading the bible, I think there would be a lot less of them.

That is probably more true than you may think. In all actuality, if the prerequisite for being a christian was actually reading the bible, I think there would be a lot less of them.

Every stat i could find listed less then 30%. I think even that is extremely high as i have yet to ever meet someone who has actually read it. Most only know the small parts read to them out of context by the nearest man of god.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the ones that blindly follow are simply scared of not believing, scared of the punishment of not believing. Simply a prisoner of the fear instilled in them by their religion. Some people simply follow because they want to play it safe which is understandable, yet downright silly.

For others it just may be a feeling of comport. If there is no god then what projects the earth from being swallowed into a black hole, or our solar system from being raided by a pulsar, what ensures that the laws of the universe stay constant? If you really think about it, that shit is scary. Some people just need a story to believe so they can go through life without being in panic all of the time.

Religion was created for exactly the reasons you stated in your second paragraph. Life is too scary to think there isn't some cosmic being who has all the answers,who keeps everything in check, to forever watch over us.

That is a product of the development of ego as well. All we know, our entire reality, is based on the experiences that pass through our personal "lens". We can think about what history was like, and postulate what the future may be like, but we really have no idea what existence is without us. Religion provides a way for "us" to live on forever, instead of just going cold and dark, our atoms left to entropy to become components of the universe that made us in the first place.

Religion provides a way for people to just shut their brain off and follow. Life is too hard, seeking truth is too hard, so let's just do what all these people are doing...there is a lot of them, so they must be right...right?

As Dr. Neil deGrasse Tyson so eloquently put it, god is an ever receding pocket of scientific ignorance. The list of things we can say "we don't know how that happened....god must have done it" is getting shorter and shorter the more we understand. Thankfully, there are plenty of people out there who are not satisfied with "we don't know, god did it" and actually push the envelope of understanding in order to benefit all of humanity. Religion can be very judgmental; if anything, science is an example of unconditional love more so than religion. Even if you hate science, and only believe in religion, science will keep creating, and allow even the haters to benefit from that new technology.

And since this thread will likely be locked, I'd like to take this moment to encourage you all to support DSMTuners.com because as a supporting member, not only are you helping maintain a database of information at your fingertips that will be a tremendous asset in your quest for vehicular superiority, but it also will grant you access to the private hangout forum, where you are free to tell me about how I'll forever swim in a lake of fire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back