The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Wow did I get treated good. (TIRES)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phunny

15+ Year Contributor
Feb 1, 2005
Pittsboro, Indiana
I had pooped one of my brand new tires recently and went to the tire shop and ordered another one for $202bucks. So it gets put on and about 6 weeks later I come to find out that my car needed to be aligned so it chewed up my brand new tire. So I didn't really want to order another expensive tire and decided I was gonna order 2 more for the front. I look on ebay and find this dealer named Discount Tire Direct. After calling Zach at 1-888-459-4081
x1875 and telling him I wanted 2 tires the price came to $300 including the warranty. He was asking what kind of tires I had on my car and then asked me to hold on for a minute. He came back and said he'd sell me 2 of the same tires that are on the car and warranties for all 4, yes that's right, even the 2 tires I didn't buy from him for $208. I asked him if he was kidding me.....he wasn't. The tires shipped from his warehouse in Ohio and will be here Thursday.

Just thought I'd share the great find.

Phunny:thumb:

im confused. did you buy 4 tires for $208 or did you get 2 tires for the $208????

if you got 4 tires for that much ill be giving that guy a call!

It's funny. Shops make money off of alignments yet I hear it all too often that "it's good to go", "we don't think it needs it" and "should be fine".

Meanwhile, my gf's Honda feels very strange in the back when going 65+mph with her brand new tires. At least they balanced them... I think.

Giving you the warranty on all four tires makes sense since he knows the other two tires are the same, if you blew any of them you could easily come back to them claiming that it was one of the tires you bought and who would know the difference? If you say they'll check for a serial number (do tires have them?) keep in mind that if this place does any significant amount of business it is unlikely that the warranty claim would come to the same guy that sold the tires and after checking that yes the tires had been bought by the person claiming a warranty would likely pass it through. Smart business decision.

I remember reading another thread about Discount Tire Direct on how shitty their customer service is. Just a thought.

Hah, great point, I don't think they have serial numbers.

The DOT number on them qualifies as sort of a serial number. Many tires are even being shipped with bar codes/UPC's on the bead. I'll have to look at work to see if there is a unique serial number on them.

Either way, on the DOT numbers, the last four digits refer to when the tire was manufactured. There should be three to four groups of 4 digits. The last group will be something like "1406" or 5307". These refer to the week and year the tire was made. So, 14th week of 2006 or 53rd week of 2007. The other digit groups usually refer to which factory made the tire itself.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back