The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

WOW 14 years later, car finally needs service

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xcelr8n

20+ Year Contributor
Jan 31, 2003
toronto, Ontario_Canada
hey guys, it was a sad day today, my grandmas 1989 accord needed a real service for the first time in 14 years!!
in all her years shes had 13 oil changes, once a year on her bday.
and had the brakes replace in the mid 90's. rear drums are original.
today it went in because it lost a tie rod end. :( and they decided to do the timing belt and water pump for the first time as well. OMG
oh ya the car has 40.000km on it. like 25,000 miles.
i laugh at this car everytime i see it, never been on the highway either.

That's a car that when she sells it, the new owner will brag to their friends about a helluva deal on a car owned by an old lady.

why would she sell a Perfectly good running car??????? Theres no point,

Originally posted by PogiTSI
why would she sell a Perfectly good running car??????? Theres no point,

Because she can. And if she's living on a trust fund... as with many trust funds you actually have to spend a certain amount per year or the IRS will hit you with silly taxes.

Ain't government grand? Tax you for everyday of your life, every flush of the toilet, every hour you're on the job.... and as that isn't enough... they tax you kids or beneficiary once you're 6 ft under.

Originally posted by PaulPDX
Because she can. And if she's living on a trust fund... as with many trust funds you actually have to spend a certain amount per year or the IRS will hit you with silly taxes.

Ain't government grand? Tax you for everyday of your life, every flush of the toilet, every hour you're on the job.... and as that isn't enough... they tax you kids or beneficiary once you're 6 ft under.

She just got some work done to the car, is that enough??? ( not that I really care )

Originally posted by PaulPDX
What's "grand" is that we routinely refer to "government" as something apart from ourselves.

There was a lot of blood lost over "By, of, and for The People".

"The time is ripe for violent revolution"

^^ Canada owns jooo guys.

anyways, everytime she goes to her mechanic, he offers to buy it off her.

like cash in hand, he wnats this thing badly.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back