The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

WOULD YOU TRADE YOUR '05 GSXR FOR A '97 GSX???

WOULD YOU TRADE YOUR '05 GSXR600 FOR A '97 GSX???

• DEFINITELY

Votes: 6 100.0%
  • NO WAY

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sniffbooger

Proven Member
Apr 12, 2020
San Diego, California
I recently bought a really good condition K5 Suzuki GSXR600 that just needed a battery, chain and fuel system cleaning. It was owned by a 72 year old man who babied it. He finally gave up trying to ride in that cramped sportbike position and sold it after it sat for a few years. It has 20k miles on it, never been down, and everything cosmetically is very nice looking. Has an aftermarket full Akropovic exhaust, tinted windscreen and its the blue/white model.

AAAAAND....I just happened to find a '97 GSX that needs a little work, and its mostly stock. Paint was done a few years ago, and no rust. Its a California car!! The radiator needs installed, hoses, intercooler piping, battery, and a good cleaning inside and out. I asked if he was interested in a trade, just out of curiosity, and when he saw the pics of the GSXR he said he's been looking for one just like it! However, I really like the bike too, and I got a great deal on it (non-running price discount) and I am on the fence...I already put a new lithium battery in it, cleaned the injectors and fuel system, and working on the tank and chain now....not sure how much more wrenching I want to do on another DSM LOL....I already have my '98 GST that needs a head gasket/timing/water pump replacement....it looks like some of the GSX parts are discontinued and getting harder to find also....just wondering if anyone else agrees its too good to pass up the deal?

A gsxr Owned by a 72 year old?

Also if you cant get one dsm running you definitely wont be able to get 2 of them running.

In conclusion i question your mechanical ability and your judgement.

Gday sir
Haha yep he was 72, had it for 12 years, and gave up trying to ride in that position LOL ..

I bought my GST in non running condition during the covid lockdowns and spent some time on it, replaced a lot of parts and got it running good...drove it to work and all around for two years but it started over heating and eating coolant...water pump also needs replaced, just haven't had time to work on it lately because I'm back to work. I'll have to make time soon! Maybe it is a little too much work to own two DSMs...but my kids and my woman never want to go anywhere or do anything but lie down on their beds and play on their phones all day...so I go wrench on my rides! 😁

Thanks for your votes, seems everyone agreed...it was a no brainer! I made the trade Saturday! Now I have to spend a few weekends getting the intercooler piping, radiator, and wiring harness completed... it is a fair trade because he also has to work on the motorcycle a little but he was really happy with the deal. Now I own a pair of 2Gs! I will post a build thread soon for my new GSX.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back