The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Would These Wheels Fit?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iiNFAMOUSCHRiS

Proven Member
Sep 3, 2013
Kalamazoo, Michigan
I'm looking at selling my current garbage wheels/tires and picking up a set of Diamond Racing SC Series.

I would LIKE to tuck tire, if possible without damaging my T-Case.

Specs:

16x8 up front, +32 offset
16x10 in the rear, +32 offset

wrapped in 215/40/16 tires.

would I be able to get away with that width in the back, with some camber? (not a whole lot)

ahh, i meant 245 not 215, I use the numpad on my laptop to type and didn't even realize that until just now haha....it's too early...

what would be the recommended size? i'm going for a little bit of stretch in the rear, hence the wider wheel.

You drive an AWD car. No.

IF you attempt to stagger, you need to make sure the car thinks the fronts and rears are the same size, within a very small window of tolerance.

so, both of them the same size? i'll probably do front/rear 16x10 in that case

You can run a stagger, but the rolling diameter needs to be the same size.

10" is going to take work, and I suggest you use the wheel/tire calculators, especially if you are trying to keep these under the fender. You do not drive a 240? ;)

Edit: Also NO WAY at those offsets with that width. Did I mention using the calculators? ;)

so, dropping it to 12 offset and going with 8" should fit them. basically, what size/offset would be needed to still tuck these in, and and potentially have stretch on the rears?

also, here are the wheel/tires I was looking at:

16x10 +32 offset 205/50/16 tires
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

and this eclipse fits 18x10 et20, 225/40/18's on it, fenders are rolled though, but i'd assume that a 16x8 et12 would fit without rolling.

One is a Honda, the other doesn't tuck.

Calculator.

One is a Honda, the other doesn't tuck.

Calculator.

the honda was for reference of the wheel/tires, not the stance :p

and if they had a touch of negative camber, it would tuck. it's just barely short of tucking now,which it would be tucking with 8's. I just meant if that car can come that close to tucking on 10s, 8s would have no problem.

I doubt that those are 225s on 10" wide wheels. The side wall would not be flush and would be stretched to hell! When I bought my car the pervious owner had 215s on 8" wide wheels and the sidewall looked like it was at a 45 degree angle. Stretched and unsafe

sorry, i kinda screwed that up. the pictured specs on the GSX are 18x9.75 et20, not sure of the tire width. the owner just said it was rolled to fit it. i was looking to stretch the tires, so the width of the tire is going to be a tad smaller than whatever wheel it's mounted on.

i'm looking to push the limit of what I can fit on the rear, basically to max out how low this car can go, sitting on 16s, with slight camber and stretched tires. taking into consideration also to not smash the t-case

I came in asking for help, not opinions on what i'm doing. i'm not going to do this the cheap way, with eBay "coilovers". it'll be done correctly. some people like to throw money into their engines, id rather put money into my suspension, and make the car look how I want.

You've got people who enjoy engine/performance upgrades, people who love car audio systems, I happen to enjoy the look of very lowered cars, and since I bought my car, I plan to do what I please to it. I didn't expect my overall goal to be accepted by many people on these forums, but it's my car....I just wanted opinions on how TO do it, not opinions saying i shouldn't. if i break something doing this, then that's my fault, not anyone else's.

PS: you should've reffered me to VWVortex, they're all about frame bangin over there ;D

There's a DSMer that still lives inside, and then there's th wheel whore I am now.

16s, slammed, and stretched on an AWD offends them both. If you post in public, you will get opinions, and in fairness I pointed you at the calculator already. It's just math.

yeah, i'm not denying that you helped me...just don't see why people have to hate on someones personal preference. now if I came in here asking you how to cut my springs while they're on the car, so that I can tuck the tires on a stock setup, I can understand. but my suspension will be upgraded with PROPER items, i've got $2,900 to spend on this. I don't take my car to tracks, or street race people. All adding more HP is going to do is get me in trouble.

Amen. I think that you are on the right track. You will find out many good references here on this site for what works, and what doesn't. Unfortunately also some jokers that really are with the idea that they can just throw their opinion at you on what they think you should do with your car. I would suggest searching around until you find someone who has done something similar, and then just pick their brain. this will save you from the S**t talking junkies when you post on a thread like this. The car I think will look sweet when your done. I personally am building for road racing so I don't catch as much flack, but i apreciate a sweet looking lowered car.

Amen. I think that you are on the right track.
Yep. The calculator.
You will find out many good references here on this site for what works, and what doesn't. U
You're welcome for helping to maintain the resource for so long.
Unfortunately also some jokers that really are with the idea that they can just throw their opinion at you on what they think you should do with your car.
Like, checking the calculator?
I would suggest searching around until you find someone who has done something similar, and then just pick their brain. t
Or use the calculator.
this will save you from the S**t talking junkies when you post on a thread like this.
It won't.
The car I think will look sweet when your done.
It won't.
I personally am building for road racing so I don't catch as much flack, but i apreciate a sweet looking lowered car.
We'll see. ;)

Don't be a hypocrite and offer NO HELP, then bi*** about opinions while you share yours. Thanks.

i'll be getting Megan Racing coilovers in January, and making this happen....16x8 12et front and back, slightly stretched tire on both.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back